MACP Scheme to DSC Personnel – 7th CPC recommends that DSC Personnel may also be permitted to avail the benefit of MACP
7th Pay Commission has recommended MACP Scheme to DSC Personnel on the grounds that MACP is applicable to all government employees.
Grant of Financial Upgradation under MACP to the DSC Personnel
The proposal of the Services is that the benefit of MACP should be extended to the Defence Security Corps (DSC), on the grounds that they have been implemented for all government employees including defence forces personnel except DSC personnel.
To advance their case it has been contended that Ex-Defence Forces Personnel re-enrolled into DSC are treated as a fresh intake for pay and allowances and do not carry forward the financial and other benefits availed in the former service and are placed in the lowest pay scale in the Pay Band. There is very limited scope for promotion in DSC due to restricted rank structure. Hence, denial of the financial upgradation under MACP Scheme to DSC Personnel, in their view, is totally unjustified.
Analysis and Recommendations
The Commission notes that Defence Security Corps personnel provide cover to the defence installations of the three Services and to civil establishments under the Ministry of Defence. Such personnel are re-employed from amongst retired JCOs/ORs. The benefits of MACPS for civilian personnel is at intervals of 10, 20 and 30 years of continuous regular service. For defence forces personnel three financial upgradations through MACPS are possible in a career span at intervals of 8, 16 and 24 years of service.
Since Defence Security Corps personnel are personnel under the Army, they may also be permitted the benefit of MACP. However this benefit should be limited to a total of three upgrades in the entire service career, both during regular employment and in the course of reemployment as defence service corps personnel. As they are defence forces personnel the benefit of MACP may be extended to them after a period of eight years from their date of re-employment, in case they do not get a promotion.
Also checkout following for more topic wise details on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Payment of arrears on ad-hoc basis of pay to Defence Forces
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision in 7th CPC report expected to be made by Empowered Committee
- 7th Pay Commission News – Who are to be benefited more in terms of higher pay ?
- 7th Pay Commission report on DA, CEA, FPA, NPA, OTA and other Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of Earned Leave
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Issues to be addressed
- Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission’s Report on Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
- 7th Pay Commission’s suggestions on NPS
- 7th Pay Commission Report to be processed by Empowered Committee – Finance Ministry Order
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Store Keeper (Tech) and Asst Store Keeper to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Karnataka Pensioners associations views on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC to get next higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Comparison of Pay between Central Government Civilian and Defence Forces Officers
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) to get higher grade pay and upgraded to SM – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Sub Inspectors and Inspectors of CBI to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- IB ACIO-II and ACIO-I to get higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Senior Technical Assistants to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission Recommendations for Pensioners
- Junior Agriculture Assistant to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations