7th Pay Commission Defence Pay Calculator as per the methods recommended by the Commission in its report submitted to Govt on 19.11.2015
Update : 07.12.2015 : 7th Pay Commission Defence Pay Calculator has been updated now with following additional features.
1. Defence Personnel who are in receipt of X-Pay can calculate their 7CPC Group X Pay.
2. Defence Medical Doctors who are granted with NPA can also use this calculator now as revised NPA of 20% proposed by 7th Pay Commission can be calculated now using this online tool.
3. Military Nursing Service (MNS) Defence Personnel can use this online now as we have incorporated their Pay Matrix also
7th Pay Commission proposed X-Pay:
i. X pay for JCOs/ORs in Group X at ₹6,200 per month for all X trades which involve obtaining a qualification which is equivalent of a diploma recognised by AICTE. This amount is the difference in the minimum of the Pay level 6 (corresponding to Grade Pay of ₹4200 in VI CPC), and Pay level 5 (corresponding to Grade Pay of ₹2800 in VI CPC).
ii. X pay for JCOs/ORs in Group X at ₹3,600 per month (standard fitment of 2.57 on the existing X pay of ₹1,400), for those currently in X pay, but not having a technical qualification recognised by AICTE.
Non-Practising Allowance for Defence Medical Doctors:
7th Pay Commission has recommended that Defence Medical Doctors will be entitled to NPA of 20% calculated on 7CPC Basic Pay. Presently NPA is paid at the rate of 25% of Basic Pay.
NPA and MSP is not a pay for the purpose of HRA:
7th Pay Commission has observed that NPA and MST should not be taken in to account while calculating HRA. Presently, for the purpose of arriving at HRA, NPA and MSP are added with Basic Pay.
This 7th Pay Commission Defence Pay Calculator would calculate New 7CPC Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance for Defence Personnel as per the pay fixation procedure recommended by 7th CPC.
A Brief on New Pay Matrix recommended by 7th Pay Commission for Defence Personnel:
- 7th Pay Commission has devised pay matrices for civil and defence forces personnel by dispensing with Pay Band and Grade Pay System.
- The Existing grade pay and pay bands have been merged in distinct pay levels have created which form a Pay Matrix.
- The starting point of a Sepoy (and equivalent), the entry level personnel in the defence forces, has been fixed in the Defence Pay Matrix at Rs.21,700.
- The starting point in the existing pay structure is Rs.8,460 for a Sepoy/equivalent. The fitment in the new matrix is essentially a multiple factor of 2.57.
- An ‘index of rationalisation’ has been applied while making enhancement of levels from Pay Band 1 to 2, 2 to 3 and 3 onwards on the premise that role, responsibility and accountability increases at each step in the hierarchy. At the existing PB-1, this index is 2.57, increasing to 2.62 for personnel in PB-2 and further to 2.67 from PB-3. Recognising the significantly higher degree of responsibility and accountability at levels corresponding to Senior Administrative Grade, the entry pay is recommended for enhancement by a multiple of 2.72. The same multiple is also being applied at the HAG and HAG+ levels. At the apex level the index applied is 2.81 and for the Service Chiefs/Cabinet Secretary the index has been fixed at 2.78.
Military Service Pay (MSP)
An identical fitment of 2.57 has also been applied to the existing rates of Military Service Pay (MSP), applicable to defence forces personnel only.
|Designation||Existing MSP. Rs||Recommended MSP Rs|
|JCO / ORs||2000||5200|
|Non Combatants (Enrolled) in the Air Force||1000||3600|
How to fix 6cpc pay of existing Defence Personnel in Pay Matrix
Fitment of existing Defence Personnel Pay in to 7CPC Pay Matrix
Pay Fixation would be made by fixing the pay from the existing pay level to next pay level by moving horizontally. As far as pay fixation for annual increment is concerned, next available pay vertically in the same level will be taken.
The fitment factor of 2.57 is being applied uniformly to all employees.
It includes a factor of 2.25 to account for DA neutralisation, assuming that the rate of Dearness Allowance would be 125 percent at the time of implementation of the new pay as on 01.01.2016.
The actual raise/fitment being recommended by the Commission is 14.29 percent.
Step 1: Identify Basic Pay (Pay in the pay band plus Grade Pay) drawn by an employee as on the date of implementation. This figure is ‘A’.
Step 2: Multiply ‘A’ with 2.57, round-off to the nearest rupee, and obtain result ‘B’.
Step 3: The figure so arrived at, i.e., ‘B’ or the next higher figure closest to it in the Level assigned to his/her grade pay, will be the new pay in the new pay matrix. In case the value of‘B’ is less than the starting pay of the Level, then the pay will be equal to the starting pay of that level.
Checkout this link for more details on 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation Methods
HRA and Transport Allowance for Central Government Employees as recommended by 7th Pay Commission
HRA @ 24%, 16%, and 8% have been proposed for X, Y and Z class cities respectively. 7th Pay Commission has also recommended for enhancement of HRA while DA crosses 50% and 100%. As far as Transport Allowance is concerned, there is no increase. DA @ 125% has been merged with existing Transport Allowance
How to use GConnect 7th Pay Commission Report Pay and Allowances Calculator ?
1. In the 6CPC Pay Entry Form, select the present pay band / Grade pay.
2. Enter your present pay in pay band, which will be the applicable 6CPC Pay as on 01.01.2016. Do not include Grade Pay here as the tool would take care of the same.
3. Select your 6CPC Military Service Pay, X-pay and NPA status
4. Select present 6CPC HRA percentage
5. Select the city in which you are posted for determining New TA
6. Click Calculate Button. Now New 7CPC Pay and Salary Benefit out of 7CPC wil be displayed in the 7CPC pay and allowance Table.
7. Click Show Entry Form Button to get the 6CPC Pay entry form back in the screen for using the calculator again.
We request Readers to share this article to your friends and colleagues using Facebook or Google+ share buttons given below. This online tool will also be very useful to them in calculating their 7CPC pay and allowances
[DDET Click here for Pay Matrix for Defence Personnel]
Pay Matrix (Defence Forces Personnel - Except MNS)
|Pay Band||5 200-20200|
|Entry Pay (EP)||8460||9910||11360|
|Index||2 . 5 7||2 . 5 7||2 . 5 7|
|Entry Pay (EP)||1 2700||1 3500||1 7140||1 8150||2 0280|
|Index||2 . 6 2||2 . 6 2||2 . 6 2||2 . 6 2||2 . 6 2|
|Pay Band||1 5600-39100|
|Entry Pay (EP)||2 1000||2 2960||2 5980|
|Le vel||1 0||1 0B||1 1|
|Index||2 . 6 7||2 . 6 7||2 . 6 7|
|Pay Band||3 7400-67000|
|Grade Pay||8 000||8 700||8 900||1 0000|
|E ntry Pay (EP)||4 5400||4 8900||5 2290||5 3000|
|Le vel||1 2 A||13||1 3 A||14|
|Index||2 . 5 7||2 . 5 7||2 . 5 7||2 . 7 2|
|Pay Band||67000-79000||75500-80000||8 0000||90000|
|E ntry Pay (EP)||6 7000||7 5500||8 0000||9 0000|
|Index||2 . 7 2||2 . 7 2||2 . 8 1||2 . 7 8|
Military Nursing Service (MNS) Officers Pay Matrix
|P ay Ba nd||15600-39100||37400-67000|