Articles you may Like
Cooperation with maintenance agency by allotees of General Pool residential accommodation – Directorate of Estate to take action within three days against allotees
Ministry of Urban Development issued an OM regarding Cooperation with maintenance agency by the allottees and neighbours of allottees to carry out repair/renovation works in the houses and maintenance of harmonious relations with neighbours by the allottees of general pool residential accommodation.
Government of India
Ministry of Urban Development
Directorate of Estates
New Delhi – 110 108.
Dated the 24th February, 2015
Sub: Cooperation with maintenance agency by the allottees and neighbours of allottees to carry out repair/renovation works in the houses and maintenance of harmonious relations with neighbours by the allottees of general pool residential accommodation.
The undersigned is directed to refer the Directorate of Estates O.M. of even number dated 6.9.2005 wherein it was requested to maintain harmonious relation with neighbours by the allottees of general pool residential accommodation. It has been brought to the notice of the Directorate of Estates that neighbours of some allottees have created problems to the maintenance agency such as CPWD, NBCC etc. by obstructing them from carrying out repair/renovation works in the allortee’s house. Due to this non-cooperation by the neighbour, the repair/renovation works come to stand still and the allottee in whose house the work has to be carried out suffers due to no fault on his/her part. This kind of harassment to an allottee cannot be tolerated and non-cooperative neighbour has to cooperate with the maintenance agency to carry out their works. Otherwise loss of time and money incurs to the Government.
2. The matter has been examined in the Ministry of Urban Development and it has been decided by the competent authority that all allottees of general pool residential accommodation will cooperate with respective maintenance agencies of residential accommodation in Government colonies in carrying out all kinds of repair/renovation works and maintain harmonious relationship with their neighbours. No allottee shall be an impediment to the maintenance agency in carrying out their work and will cooperate with them. In case a complaint is received from maintenance agency against any allottee of general pool residential accommodation, strict action will be taken against him/her as per the Allotment of Government Residences (General Pool in Delhi) Rules, 1963 and the instructions issued by this Directorate from time to time.
3. In the event of any allottee is not cooperating with the maintenance agency while carrying out their works, CPWD or any other maintenance agency shall write to the Directorate of Estates and the concerned Allotment Section in the Directorate of Estates shall take appropriate action against the allottee as deemed fit within three days under intimation to the maintenance agency.
4. All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India are requested to circulate these instructions among its employees and request them to maintain harmonious relationship with neighbours and cooperate with maintenance agency of Government residential colonies.
5. Service Centres of CPWD etc. are requested to display these instructions on their notice board and bring invariably to the notice
of a non-cooperative allottee, if required.
Deputy Director of Estates(Policy)
(0) 2306 2505
1. All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India
2. Directorate General, CPWD, Nirman Bhavan
3. All Officers and Sections in the Directorate of Estates
4. All Regional Offices of the Directorate of Estates & CPWD
Copy for information to:
1. PSO to Secretary, MoUD
2. PPS to Joint Secretary(L&E), MoUD
3. PS to DE/DE-II
4. Sr.Technical Director, NIC, Nirman Bhavan.
– With a request to upload the OM on the website of DoE.
6. DD(OL) – for translation
7. Guard File
Assistant Director of Estates(Policy-II)