Central Government Holiday Homes Online Booking Terms and Conditions
Central Government Holiday Homes Online Booking Terms and Conditions – Central Government Employees Holiday Homes and Touring Hostels
Update 19.03.2015: Now Payment against room charges can be made online using Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet banking instead of cumbersome procedure of sending Demand Draft to booking agency.
A brief on revised online procedure for booking rooms in Central Government Holiday Home is as follows.
Step I: In the Central Government Holiday Home website viz., holidayhomes.nic.in, click link “Apply Online”
Step II: Filling all details in application form.
Step III: After completing application form, the system, subject to availability of room, will lead to Payment Gateway where applicants have to pay booking charges along with convenience charges/transaction charges/service charges reflecting on the screen through debit card & Internet banking.
Step IV: After successful payment to be confirmed by the bank, the room will be allotted to such applicant by the system and booking confirmation slip will be generated along with SMS.
Confirmation Slip after verification from the Administration of the applicant needs to be submitted at the counter of Holiday Home.
There is no provision for cancellation / refund once the applicant has submitted the application/booking charges and consequently booking is confirmed.
GConnect has come out with detailed Info Gallery on all Central Government Holiday Homes
Checkout : GConnect Holiday Homes Info Gallery
For getting detailed information and Central Government Holiday Homes checkout following links
Government of India
Ministry of Urban Development
Directorate of Estates
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Subject: Terms & Conditions of Online Booking of Accommodation of Central Government Holiday Homes and Touring Officer’s
Hostels under Ministry of Urban Development/Directorate of Estates.
It has been decided to commence online payment of online booking of accommodation of holiday homes/touring officers’ hostels/guest houses w.e.f. 1st December, 2014 and accordingly, Terms & Conditions for the same has been laid down as follow:
- 2. Definition:
- Applicant/Customer/Common Customer means Sitting Member of Parliament, Serving/Retired Central Government Employees, Serving/retired employees of State Government/Union Territories/Central/State PSUs/Autonomous/Statutory Bodies employees.
- Family means spouse/dependent family member of Government servant.
- Guest means persons other than mentioned at sub para (ii) above.
- Booking means granting permission to applicants/visitors vide Confirmation Slip by Directorate of Estates for occupying rooms/suits of holiday homes/touring officers hostels for specified period subject to authentication of personal details appearing in Confirmation Slip by administrative office of the applicants.
- Eligibility for booking: All applicants mentioned at para 2(i) will be eligible for holiday homes/touring officers hostels/guest houses for themselves and their spouse/dependent family members and guests. Applicant/officers drawing Grade Pay of not less than Rs. 8700 will be eligible for VIP suites of Grand Hotel Shimla while Gazetted Officers drawing grade pay not below Rs. 4600/- will be eligible for VIP suites of other holiday homes/touring officers respectively. All applicants will be eligible for other types/units of room/suites.
- Time Limit for Online Booking.
- Serving Central Government employees can book accommodation 30 (Thirty) days in Advance from the Check-in-date.
- Retired Central Govt. Employees can book 15 (Fifteen) days in advance from the Check-in-date.
- Other applicants can book 7 (seven) days in advance from the Check-in-date.
- Priority in Booking: Booking will be made through automated online system primarily on ‘first-come first-serve’ basis subject to fulfilment of prescribed eligibility, time limit and payment of booking charges, etc.
- Issue of Booking confirmation Slip: Confirmation Slip, after complete online process and successful/complete payment of booking charges to Directorate of Estates for the specified booking period by the applicant through debit card/credit card (subject to activation) and internet banking, will be generated online and applicant will be required to take out print for the same for displaying/submitting to caretaker/concerned authority of holiday home/touring officer’s hostels to occupy the accommodation for specified booking period. Applicants have to use their own debit card/credit card/net banking for booking.
- Submission of online application: Applicants will fill up all fields of online application. They have to upload a colour passport photo, a copy of ID Card issued by their present employers and in case of retired employee, a copy of PPO or Pensioner ID Card. Mandatory filed including applicants’ Permanent Account Number (PAN), Aadhar Card Number, Date of Birth, Personal Mobile No., Office Telephone No, etc. Will not be left blank. After filling up all fields, the applicant has to submit the application form and thereafter, the system will lead to Payment Gate Way. After successful payment of booking charges to Directorate of Estates/Booking Agency, booking request will be processed as per prescribed procedure and agreement with the Axis Bank/any other Bank, confirmation slip will be displayed along with Booking ID No. A copy of confirmation slip can also be generated after filling Booking ID No. And PAN/ID Card No. In the relevant box.
- Rooms not occupied after confirmed booking: After the confirmed booking, cancellation is not permitted.
- Refund: There is no provision for refund of booking charges even if the accommodation is not occupied or partly occupied or vacated early. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Failed Transactions: In case of failed transactions. Applicants will have to claim to Axis Bank/concerned Bank itself and Directorate of Estates will have no role in failed transactions.
- Collection and Crediting of Booking Charges by Bank: Authorized Bank by Directorate of Estates will collect booking charges through their payment gate way and credit the same in the Government account(Directorate of Estates/Ministry of Urban Development) specified for the said purpose. In case of failed transactions, the concerned Bank has to settle with the customer directly.
- Booking Charges: Booking charges will be applicable in terms of Directorate of Estates Office Memorandum No. D-11028/23/82-Regions (Vol. II) dated 10th July, 2012 till the further revision of the rates charges. In addition to booking charges, customers have to also pay transaction charges/convenience charges/service charges per agreement with Axis Bank and RBI guidelines in this regard. In case applicant himself/herself is not visiting to holiday homes/touring officer’s hostels,normal booking charges will be applicable for spouse/dependent family members while private charges will be applicable for guests.
- Transaction Charges/Service Charges/Convenience Charges: These charges have to be paid to concerned bank. Axis Bank will separate theses charges from booking charges and only booking charges will be credited into Government account by Axis Bank or as per specific agreement made in this regard.
- Booking of more than one room: Only one room/suite will be booked in the name of applicant/spouse for the same period and same holiday home/touring officer’s hostel/guest house. There is no provision for allotment of more than one room/suite. However, in exceptional circumstances, additional room will be provided on payment of booking charges/rent @ rate of private charges at the sole discretion of the Allotting Authority and subject of availability. However, there will be no advance booking more than five days in advance from check-in date in such cases.
- Period of booking: Accommodation is provided for a period not exceeding 5 nights. In Holiday Homes/Touring Officer’s Hostels/Guest Houses at Mussurie and Goa which have very few units but attract visitors throughout the year, the period of stay has further been restricted to 3 nights maximum. In exceptional cases, accommodation in excess of this limit can be permitted with the prior approval of competent authority.
- Fraudulent Booking: Only eligible applicants are entitled for booking of holiday homes/touring officer’s hotels/guest houses. In case fraudulent booking, following action will be taken:
(i) Booking will be invalid and visitors will not be allowed to enter in the holiday homes/touring officer’s hostels/guest houses.
(ii) Booking charges will be forfeited and three times of booking amount will be levied as penalties from the applicants/visitors.
FIR will be lodged under relevant penal provisions of IOC.
(Fraudulent booking means wrong information provided by the applicant intentionally).
- Emergency Quota: Director of Estates/Allotting Authority is authorized to keep any room in reserve to meet urgent requirements of unforeseen nature or to accommodate VIPs and/or Senior Officers. The Allotting Authority is empowered to reduce the period of booking, or to cancel the booking altogether, or change the previously booked room, to meet such emergent requirements.
- Check-out time: 9 AM and Check-in time: 11 AM to 12:00 noon. However, to avoid inconvenience to the visitors who reach the destination early in the morning after night journeys, the occupants are advised to vacate the rooms at the earliest on the last day of stay.
- Right to Admission: The entry to the Holiday Home/Touring Officers’ Hotels/Guest Houses will be strictly on production of valid Identity Card/PAN Card issued by the Government and the attested/verified details mentioned in the application form and confirmation letter by the concerned administrative office.Entry to holiday homes/touring officers will be allowed only after depositing/submission of valid booking slip/authority slip along with verified application form and production of Identity Card.
- Booking not transferable: Because of security considerations, the entry to the Holiday Home/Hostel will be restricted to the person whose name appears on the booking slip and his/her dependent family members & guests. The caretaking staff is authorized to disallow provision of accommodation if the applicant is not present physically at the time of checking in, even though he is carrying the confirmation slip. Likewise the entry of the additional persons accompanying the authorized visitor can also be refused.
- Identity Card in case applicant himself/herself is not visiting:
(a) Dependent family members: if not accompanying the Government servant/applicants, they must carry along with confirmation slip/letter, (a) a photocopy of the Government servant’s Identity card and Pan Card, (b) Proof of their own identity specifying their relationship with the government servant, and (c) Certificate of Dependence issued by administrative authority of the applicant. A copy of the CGHS card containing their photographs can also be accepted for applicants covered under CGHS scheme.
(b) Guest: Guests must carry along with confirmation letter/slip, a self attested photocopy of the Government servant’s Identity card and (b) proof of their own identity otherwise the will not be allowed to enter in the holiday homes/touring office’s hostels/guest houses.
- Retired Government servants availing the facility of Holiday homes/Touring Officers Hostels: As the entries in the Check-in/Arrivals Register are to be made by the Retired Government servant in their own writing, the presence of retired government servant is necessary at the time of checking in. A photocopy of the PPO should also be presented at the time of checking in.
- Capacity of rooms: The capacity of double bedded room is two persons, four bedded room is four persons, VIP suites in Grand Hotel Shimla is four persons and VIP suites in other holiday homes/touring officers hostels is tow persons. In addition to above, two persons/children are allowed in the room/suit if the applicant desires for the same, however, the booking agency/caretaker will not provide additional facilities in such cases.
- Facilities: The caretaking staff will provide to the guests the following items only once at the time of the rooms : toilet soap (small) – one, washed towel – one, washed bed-sheet/bed-cover-one set, washed pillow covers-one set, fresh toilet-paper roll. The guests are advised to make their own arrangement for additional needs as per their requirement.
- Occupation after booking period: Occupation of the room, after expiry of the booking period, will be unauthorized. Such occupant(s) are liable to face eviction by the caretaking staff without any prior notice, and imposition of damages.
- Washing charges: The caretaker is authorized to charge washing charges @ Rs. 30 per day room from the occupants and issue receipt. The fund so collected will be kept in the custody of the JE/Caretaker concerned and will be used for washing the towels, bed-sheets, curtains, quilts regularly.
- Catering facility: The catering charges wherever available will be settled by the guests with the caterer of the Holiday Home/household staff directly before check-out.
- Feed-back: Any complaints/suggestions regarding maintenance, house-keeping, catering or misconduct on part of the caretaking staff should be brought to the notice of the Director of Estate, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi, and/or the Allotting Authority in writing.
- Cooking and intoxicating is strictly prohibited in the rooms of Holiday Homes/Touring Officers’ Hostels.
- Proper Decorum: The Guests are advised to maintain decency and decorum throughout the stay period. Causing inconvenience/disturbance to other inmates through noise or rowdy behaviour will be dealt with sternly. Consumption of intoxicants in the premises is strictly prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed in the Holiday Homes/Touring Officers’ Hostels.
- Damage to property: The occupants will be liable to make good of any damage/loss to property, fixture, fittings and furniture during the period of their stay in the Holiday Home/Hostel.
- Visitors of the Guests: No unauthorized person(s) will be allowed to stay with or visit the Guests in the Holiday Home/Touring Officer’s Hostel/Guest House.
- Breach of Conditions: In case, the accommodation is not vacated on the expiry of the period or for breach of any terms and conditions stated above, the occupants will be summarily evicted physically, with force if necessary, without any notice, under Section 3-A of the Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants) Act of 1971, notwithstanding any other action that may be taken against him/her under the relevant Allotment Rules/Service Rules. They will also liable to pay market rate of licence fee as damages.
WARNING: Unauthorised/in-eligible persons are not allowed for booking of holiday homes/touring officer’s hostels and any attempt would be treated as fraudulent booking and such persons will be held responsible and action will be taken under Information Technology Act, 2000 & its Regulations and Indian Penal Code (IPC). All applicants are advised to use their own debit card/credit card/internet banking.
- DISCLAIMER: There is no provision for refund of booking charges even if the rooms/suits remain unutilised or vacated early by the applicant. Claim of Charge back will not be considered/permitted/allowed by the Bank.
Deputy Director of Estates (Region)
Click following links for more information on Central Government employees holiday homes and touring hostels
- Central Government Holiday Homes and Touring officers Hostels – Terms & Conditions for allotment
- Online booking of Central Government Holiday Homes – FAQ
- How to book CG Holiday home in the new online booking system?
- Indian Railways Holiday Homes across the Country and the suites
- Central Government Holiday Homes – Updated List as on 11.01.2016
- Online Payment to be introduced for Central Government Holiday homes and Hostels
- New Holiday Home at Tirupati for Central Government Employees
- New Holiday Home at Darjeeling to function from 1st September 2013
- Holiday Home at Gangtok from 16th August 2013
- Central Government Holiday Home at Mysore – Booking resumed
- On-line reservation of Touring Officers Hostel at Mumbai
- Central Government Holiday Home Mysore – Booking Suspended
- Central Government Holiday Homes: Bank Draft in favour of Booking Authority
- Holiday Home at Mysore: Suspension of Booking for two more months
- New Rates for Central Government Holiday Homes and Touring Hostels