Scheme for promotion of adventure sports – Programme dates
DOPT announces Scheme for Promotion of Adventure Sports & Similar Activities amongst Central Government Employees- Programmes to be organized by Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam Limited
Central Civil Services Cultural & Sports Board
Department of Personnel and Training
361, 8-Wing, 3rd Floor
Lok Nayak Bhawan
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Government of India
New Delhi- 110003
Sub: Scheme for Promotion of Adventure Sports & Similar Activities amongst Central Government Employees- Programmes to be organized by Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam Limited, Limited.
Please refer to the Department of Personnel & Training Office Memorandum of even number dated 04.12.2015 regarding Scheme for Promotion of Adventure Sports & Similar Activities amongst Central Government Employees (copy enclosed).
2. The Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam Limited (GMVNL) has offered the following programme for Central Government Employees eligible under the Scheme:
Name of Programme : Moderate Trekking, River Rafting, Jungle Safari, etc. (Rishikesh,Haridwar, Neelkanth, Rajaji National Park).
Duration : 5 Days 4 Nights
Programme dates* : (a) 17.03.2016 to 21.03.2016 (b) 26.03.2016 to 30.03.2016
Cost* Rs. 17,550/- per person (reimbursement will be regulated as per para 7.3 of the Scheme.)
Contact Person For further details :
Shri Rajpal Singh
P.R.O. GMVNL(stationed at New Delhi).
Services : Transportation by 2 x 2 non AC coach/Tempo Traveller attached bath accommodation in TRH/tent, 08 kgs portage of personal belongings non veg/veg meals, first aid, Rs. One Lakh Personal Insurance high risk Policy and services of mountaineering trained tour escorts & experienced camp followers.
Terms and conditions of the programme : To be provided by GMVNL
* Terms and conditions of the Scheme and Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam Limited are applicable.
3. The interested and eligible Central Government Employees may contact GMVNL and forward application in. the attached format after following the procedure elaborated in paragraph 8 of the Scheme. The advance payment for the programme has to be paid directly to Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam Limited as per their instructions and re-imbursement, as admissible, will be made by CCSCSB on successfully completion of the programme.
Scheme for promotion of Adventure Sports & Similar activities amongst Central Government Employees
1. Name of Participant
3. Father’s Name
4. Date of Birth
6. Telephone/Mobile No.
8. Next of kin to be informed in case of emergency
I, ______ understand that the Programme may involve serious risk to me. I am undertaking the programme at my own volition, cost, risk and consequences.
I hereby undertake that I will not held responsible Central Civil Services Cultural & Sports Board/ Government of India for any untoward incident/mis-happening.
(Signature of participant)
Full name in BLOCK LETTERS _________ Ministry/Department ______.
This is to certify that the applicant is a Central Government Employee working in the main Ministry/Department and information given above is correct. The applicant is medically fit for the adventure activities opted by him/her.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated 04th December, 2015
Sub: Scheme for promotion of Adventure Sports and similar activities amongst Central Government Employees.
The undersigned is directed to enclose herewith a copy of the Scheme for promotion of Adventure Sports and similar activities amongst Central Government Employees with the request that the contents of the Scheme may please be disseminated amongst the employees who are eligible to avail the benefits of the Scheme.
2. The details of the programmes etc. will be circulated/placed on the website of the Department of Personnel & Training separately.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India.
Department of Personnel & Training
New Delhi, the 4th December, 2015.
SCHEME FOR PROMOTION OF ADVENTURE SPORTS & SIMI.LAR ACTIVITIES AMONGST CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
1. Background: The Department of Personnel and Training recognizes that welfare of employees is one of the prime tasks of personnel management and sports activities play an important role in improving their . efficiency and morale. Participation by Central Government Employees in adventure sports and similar activities ·Will give them a platform where they would learn lessons from nature and use the knowledge acquired for welfare of the society.
2. Vision: To foster spirit of risk-taking, cooperative team work, capacity of readiness, vital response to challenging situations, endurance and environmental awareness.
3. Mission: The Mission of the Scheme for promotion of adventure sports and similar activities Is to encourage Central Government Employees working in the Ministries/Department of the Government of
India to take part in these activities by giving financial assistance and other incentives. The Central Civil Services Cultural & Sports Board, a Society registered under the Society Registration Act, 1860, which is under the aegis and control of the Department of Personnel & Training will be the nodal agency for the Scheme.
(i) The Scheme would tackle the alarming situation of stress and impact of sedentary life on Government servants as highlighted in several studies conducted so far;
(ii) It would provide a creative outlet to Central Government Employees;
(iii) It would create and foster spirit of risk – taking, cooperative team work, capacity of readiness and vital response to challenging situations and of endurance;
(iv) Central Government Employees would be prepared for better Disaster Management; and
(v) Environmental awareness would be inculcated amongst the Central Government Employees.
5. Scope of the Scheme: The scope of the Scheme is limited to Central Government Employees working in the Ministries/Departments of Government of India. It will also be limited to the programme run by Institutes/Organizations approved by the Department of Personnel & Training.
6. Activities to be sponsored and Institutes: The Department of Personnel & Training Will sponsor programmes of 5-7 days duration to be organized by the Institutes/Organizations listed at Annex-I. The programme will have components of environmental awareness, disaster management, team spirit, capacity building, and Swachh Bharat Campaign. The activities under the programme will be Trekking, Mountaineering, Rock-Climbing, Cycling in a difficult terrain, Skiing, Surfing, Boat Sailing, Snorkeling, Rafting, Para Sailing Ballooning, Para Gliding, Jungle Safari/Trekking, Desert Safari/Trekking, Beach Trekking and Environmental Awareness Camps etc. A Calendar of the programmes admissible under the Scheme will be circulated by the Department of Personnel & Training from time to time.
7. Financial Assistance and other incentives:
7 .1 The Department of Personnel & Training will provide financial assistance to the eligible Central Government Employees for the programme of approved activities and conducted by the Institutes listed in Annex I.
7.2 Financial assistance will be in the form of reimbursement of Travel Expenses, programme fee and Hiring Charges of the equipments as per the terms and conditions specified in paragraph 7.3 and with a maximum ceiling of Rs.20,000/- (Rs. Twenty thousand only) per person per camp. The assistance will be limited to one activity in a block period of two year. Financial Assistance of 100% of programme fee would be provided in a calendar year to two officials of each Ministries/Departments who have been awarded by the Ministry/Department for excellence in service and nominated for the programme.
7 .3 The following Heads are admissible for financial assistance under the Scheme:
i) To and fro travel expenses as per the entitlements under Leave Travel Concessions Rules with a maximum ceiling of Rs. 4,000/-;
ii) Reimbursement of Programme fee:
(a) 90% for Group ‘C’ Central Government Employee;
(b) 80% for Group ‘B’ Central Government Employee; and
(c) 75% for Group ‘A’ Central Government Employee.
iii) Actual hiring charges if the necessary equipment are hired from any Government agency with adequate proof subject to maximum of Rs. 2000/-.
7.4 Special Casual Leave will be granted to eligible participants in accordance with Department of Personnel & Training Office Memorandum No. 6/1/1985-Estt.(Pay-I) dated 16th July, 1985 and No. 6/1/85-Estt(Pay-I) dated 7th November, 1988.
8. Procedure for availing benefits of the Scheme:
8.1 The Central Government Employee will register himself with the Institute/Organization for the approved programme and make payment for it. He/she will simultaneously also submit his/her application to Central Civil Services Cultural & Sports Board duly forwarded by the Welfare Officer of their respective Ministry /Department.
8.2 The Ministry/Department will forward nominations of officials who have been awarded by the Ministry/Department for excellence in service and eligible for Financial Assistance of 100% of programme fee.
8.3 The Welfare Officer of the Ministry/Department in each case will certify that the recommended official is a Central Government employee working in the main Ministry/Department and medically fit for the adventure activities opted by him.
8.4 The financial assistance will be given on successful completion of the programme and submission of participation certificate to the Central Civil Services Cultural and Sports Board.
9. Flexibility to expand the scope: The Department of Personnel& Training will reserve the rights to modify the scheme, addition or deletion of activities, Institutes/Organization, change in pattern of financial assistance and other conditions of the Scheme without any prior notice.
LIST OF APPROVED INSTITUTES/ORGANISATIONS FOR SCHEME FOR PROMOTION OF ADVENTURE SPORTS AND SIMILAR ACTIVITIES
AMONGST GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
1. Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand. (Recognised by Ministry of Defence and Government of by Uttarakhand)
2. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports, Manali, Himachal Pradesh, (Government of Himachal Pradesh)
3. Indian Institute of Skiing & Mountaineering, Department of Tourism, Gulmarg, Jammu & Kashmir. (Ministry of Tourism)
4. National Institute of Water Sports, Vasco da Gama, Goa. (Ministry of Tourism)
5. Swami · Vivekanand Institute of Mountaineering, Mount Abu, Rajasthan. (Government of Gujarat)
6. Garhwal Mandal Vlkas Nigam Ltd, Dehradun, Uttarakhand. (Government of Uttarakhand).
Download Central Civil Services Cultural & Sports Board Circular No.125/1/2015-16/CCSCSB dated 29.02.2016.