Processing of Settlement cases for staff working in Construction Units: Railway Board Order dated 07.03.2022
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated: 07.03.2022
The General Managers
All Indian Railways /PUs
(As per standard mailing list)
Sub: Processing of Settlement cases for staff working in Construction Units – reg.
With respect to the processing of retirement cases in Construction Units of Railways, detailed policy guidelines have been issued vide Board’s letter No. 2019/AC-II/21/7 dated 27.09.2019 (RBE No.91/2019) (copy enclosed).
2. Item No. 2 of these guidelines envisages that in the case of Officers/Staff retiring from Railway Organizations who are not authorized to do final settlement, their settlement should be done by the Railway/Unit where the Officers last worked prior to their transfer to such organization. Accordingly, all settlement cases of Staff/Officers retiring from Construction Organization are being done by Divisional Accounts/Head Quarters Accounts (as the case may be) where the staff last worked.
3. Therefore, in order to bring uniformity across Indian Railways, it is advised that the processing of settlement cases of retirees from Construction Units of Railways may be carried out by single Bill Unit/ Account Unit through Settlement Module of HRMS in accordance with
Board’s instruction dated 27.09.2019.
Executive Director, Pay Commission-II
Room No-152-B, Railway Board
(भारत सरकार) GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
(रेल मंत्रालय) MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(रेलवे बोर्ड) RAILWAY BOARD
27th September, 2019
All Zonal Railways/Production Units
Sub :- Settlement of Dues of Officers/staff on retirement.
Ref:- Railway Board’s letter No. 89/AC-II/21/4 dated 9.3.1989 and 16.4.1990.
Kindly refer to the above mentioned letters issued by Railway Board on the captioned subject. In supersession of these instruction, Board (FC and MS) has approved that following procedure may be enforced with immediate effect:-
- Officers/Staff should be settled -by the Railways/Unit from where the Officers/Staff are retiring. In case Officer/Staff are retiring from Railway Board they can opt for settlement of retirement dues, either from Railway Board or from their lien Railways.
- In the case of Officers/Staff retiring from Railway Organisations who are not authorized to do final settlement, their settlement should be done by the Railway/Unit where the Officers last worked prior to their transfer to such organization.
- Notwithstanding the provision (1) above, in the cases of Officers retiring on deputation, they may have an option to get their settlements either from Railway/Unit where service records, leave account and PF account are maintained. However, this option shall be exercised at least six months in advance.
- Officers/Staff retiring while on deputation to a Central Government Department are to be settled by the borrowing Departments only.