Articles you may Like
Army Headquarters has prescribed CSD Canteen Facilities to Retired Defence Civilians
Quartermaster General has sent a communication to all Head Quarters regarding CSD cantee facilities to retired Defence Civilians.
CSD CANTEEN FACILITIES TO RETIRED DEFENCE CIVILIANS
- Refer Army Order 02/2006/QMG
- Government of India has decided to extend the CSD Canteen facilities to the Retired Defence Civilian Employees vide MoD letter No F.No.8(14)/2015-D(Mov) dated 31 Jul 2015.
- Eligibility Retired Defence Civilian Employees of following departments who were not entitled to avail CSD facilities will now be entitled for CSD facilities:-
- Ministry of Defence including those working in their respective attached offices and those working in lower military formations.
- Defence Audit Department.
- Executive Officer Cantonment Board
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd personnel retired from Air Force Station Hyderabad, Jorhat, Air Force Academy, Dundiga(Hyderabad) and Air Force Station Yelahanka (Bangalore).
- Indian Defence Accounts Services
- Secretariat Bode Roads Development Board and HQ Director General Border Roads.
- Retired employees of Canteen Stores Department who are getting pension from CSD Fund.
- MES Employees.
- Enrollment: They will be entitled for only Grocery Stores. No Liquor will be authorized.
- Validity : The cards will have a validity of 10 years from the date of issue and will be renewed every year.
- Process for applying for Retired Defence Civilian Employees Card : All Retired Defence Civilian Employees will apply for the Smart card to the URC through which they want to avail the Canteen facilities after authentication of the application.
- Authentication The application form will be authenticated for its correctness by the Department from which the employee has retired. The form will be countersigned by an officer not below the Rank of Under Secretary or equivalent.
- Documents to be submitted to Dependent URC The following attested documents will be submitted to the URC:-
- Application for Canteen Smart Card duly countersigned by the competent authority.
- Govt order for Retirement
- Copy of Pension Payment Order (PPO).
- Address Proof and Copy of PAN Card.
- Payment of Rs.135/- to the URC.
- Guidelines for Authenticating Authority
- Each concerned department should appoint officer authorized to countersign ad promulgate orders and forward details totis office.
- Countersigning officer will verify that they all columns are filed correctly prior to countersigning.
10. Guidelines for URC Vetting of application will be done at URC for correctness. The following will be checked.
(a) That application is filled in all respect and no column is left blank.
(b) Signature of Countersigning Authority.
( c) All personal particulars are checked for correctness with PPO and other supporting documents.
- In case an application is rejected the same will be informed to the applicant.
- New card will be sent by M/s. Smart Chip Ltd to the URC for issue to applicant URC will check details with individuals Departmental retired Identity Card prior to issue of new Canteen Smart Card.
- Since large number of applications are likely to be received initially at the URCs, the URC Manager must exercise due diligence while scrutinizing and verifying the applications.
11. Guidelines for SCL The following will be ensured:-
(a) All applications are sent by CCTS to M/s. Smart Chip Ltd at the earliest.
(b) On receipt of application check for correctness with existing records through old Grocery Card number.
(c) Verify applicants personal details through PAN No on www.verifypan.in
(d) Ensure previous card of applicant is notlisted prior to handing over for Retired Defence Civilian Employee.
12. The application form (Blue Colour) for Retired Defence Civilian Employees attached as Appendix will be made available in the URCs at the earliest by M/s.Smart Chip Ltd.
13. The letter be given vide publicity by displaying at prominent places like URC Station HQ, CAD and other controlling HQs.
O/C Smart Card Cell
For DDG CS