FAQs on Registering NPS Grievance

NSDL-CRA has built a multi layered Grievance redressal mechanism which is easily accessible, simple, quick, responsive and effective.

You have the option of registering grievance/complaint through the following alternatives:

  • Web based interface:
    A Subscriber can register the grievance against any entity under NPS through log-in to the account. Alternatively, they can visit at “Log Your Grievance / Enquiry” section under “Subscriber’s Corner” of this website to log the grievance/query. Through this platform, Subscriber can register grievance/query even without having the PRAN Details. On successful registration, a token number will be displayed on the screen for future reference.
  • Call Centre/ Interactive Voice Response System (IVR):
    Subscriber can contact the NSDL-CRA call centre at toll free telephone number and register the grievance. Subscriber has to authenticate themselves through the use of T-pin allotted to raise the grievance. On successful registration of grievance, a token number will be allotted by the Customer Care representative for any future reference.
  • Physical forms:
    Subscriber can also submit the grievance in a prescribed format to the associated Nodal Office. Subscriber has to mention the PRAN as the means of authentication on the form. Upon submission of form to the associated Nodal Office, Subscriber will get an acknowledgement receipt. The token number would be emailed to you by NSDL-CRA (if the email id is mentioned), otherwise the same will be emailed to the associated Nodal Office.
  • Approach the associated Nodal Office, who can raise a grievance on Subscriber’s behalf.
    A Subscriber may also write to Grievance Redressal Cell, PFRDA, B-14/A, ChatrapatiShivajiBhawan, Qutab Institutional Area, Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi-110016 (Email: [email protected]) for taking appropriate action.

Whenever Subscriber raises a grievance, a system generated alert goes to the entity against which the grievance is raised. The respective entity then resolves the grievance and post resolution details in CRA system.

When a Subscriber registers a grievance at the CRA website, a unique token number is assigned to each and every grievance. Subscriber can use that token no. to know about the status of the grievances either through the Call Center or through the CRA website. Please visit “Log Your Grievance / Enquiry” section under “Subscriber’s Corner” to check the status of the grievance lodged.

A Subscriber can approach the Nodal Office in case of the following grievances:

  • Non-receipt of PRAN Card.
  • Re-issue of PRAN Card.
  • Re-issue of I-PIN/ T-PIN.
  • Pending Subscriber details modification requests such as change/ modification in personal details, nomination details, employment details, PAN details, etc.
  • Delay in processing of request for Shifting of Subscriber (Form ISS-1).
  • Contribution not uploaded by Nodal Office.
  • Delay in contribution upload by Nodal Office.
  • Non-receipt of Transaction Statement.
  • Pending withdrawal requests.

In case a Subscriber is dissatisfied with the resolution of their grievances, they may write to Grievance Redressal Cell (GRC), PFRDA at the below mentioned address for taking appropriate action.

Grievance Redressal Cell,
Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority,
1st, Floor, ICADR Building, Vasant Kunj Institutional Area Phase II, New Delhi 110070
e-mail: [email protected]
NPS Information Desk Toll Free No. (at PFRDA): 1800 110 708

The latest updates on NPS procedure/guidelines etc., are available on the PFRDA website www.pfrda.org.in/ CRA website – www.npscra.nsdl.co.in. Subscribers may visit the said websites for details of NPS.

Ombudsman is a person appointed by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA). PFRDA may appoint one or more Ombudsmen for different territorial jurisdiction.

Ombudsman’s important role is to receive, consider and facilitate resolution of complaints or grievances which fall within the ambit of PFRDA (Redressal of Subscriber Grievance) Regulations, 2015 (hereinafter referred as ‘the regulations’).

At present there is only one Ombudsmen appointed by PFRDA. Shri Vinod Kumar Pande is appointed as Ombudsman by PFRDA. The details of the ombudsman are as follows.


Shri Vinod Kumar Pande
C/o Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority,
Plot No-14/A, Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhawan, Qutab Instititional Area,
New Delhi-110016
The details of Ombudsman appointed are also available on PFRDA website – www.pfrda.org.in.

An appeal can be filed with the Ombudsman under the regulations –

(a) by a complainant whose grievance has not been resolved within thirty days from the escalation of the grievance to National Pension System Trust

(b) by a complainant, where a complaint has been made directly against the National Pension System Trust and no other intermediary and the same remains unresolved within the specified period of thirty days(a) by a complainant whose grievance has not been resolved within thirty days from the escalation of the grievance to National Pension System Trust

The appeal shall be in writing, duly signed by the complainant or his authorised representative (not being a legal practitioner) in the form as specified the regulations and supported by documents, if any.

The Ombudsman may dismiss an appeal when such appeal is frivolous in his opinion or if the appeal is not adhering to the conditions specified in the regulations.

For more details, PFRDA (Redressal of Subscriber Grievance) Regulations, 2015 can be referred under the menu ‘Regulations’ on PFRDA’s website www.pfrda.org.in.