FAQs on NPS Service Request

The Annual Account Statement (Transaction Statement) as of March 31 of every year has been sent to the registered address of the Subscriber. Also, if a Subscriber wishes to have a Transaction Statement on an adhoc basis, he/ she can login into the CRA system using the User ID and I-PIN provided by CRA. Subscriber needs to go to Menu – Transaction Statement and mention the PRAN.

Subscriber can also access the account details by calling on the Toll free number 1800 222 080. Subscribers can also request their concerned PAO/ CDDO/ DTO for a copy of the Transaction Statement. In addition, CRA can also send soft copy of Transaction Statement (on request through IVR/ mobile app), if email id of that subscriber is registered in CRA System.

A Subscriber can request for change/ correction in personal details, nomination details, bank details, reissue of I-PIN/ T-PIN/ PRAN Card to the associated Nodal Office. A Subscriber can also update photograph and signature by submitting written request to the associated Nodal Office for onward submission to CRA-FC.

Subscriber needs to submit the following forms for change request:

  • Form S2 – for change in personal or nomination details or request for re-issue of T-PIN/ I-PIN or Reprint of PRAN card.
  • Form S7 – Request for change in Photograph and/ or Signature.

Yes, certain services related to NPS can be availed online. These are as follows:

  • Change of address (correspondence and permanent): using Aadhaar based authentication through OTP.
  • Change of scheme preference: Govt. Subscribers (for Tier II only) can change their Scheme Preference in CRA system.
  • Change of mobile number and email: Subscriber can change mobile number and email ID directly by logging into CRA system using I-PIN or through Mobile App.
  • Instant reset of I-PIN (Internet Password): Subscriber can reset I-PIN instantly in case I-PIN is locked/ forgotten using either Mobile No. or email ID to receive OTP.
  • Online view of Statement of Holding (SOH) /Transaction (SOT): Subscriber can view SOH as well as SOT online in CRA system, anytime anywhere by using the password (I-PIN) and need not wait for physical SOT sent on yearly basis. Year wise SOT can also be obtained by calling CRA Call Centre using T-PIN (Telephone Password). SOH and recent contributions can also be viewed by using NPS Mobile App.
  • ePRAN card view: Subscriber can view, download and print ePRAN card from CRA system, in case of loss of PRAN card issued by CRA.
  • Aadhaar Seeding: Subscriber can add/ update Aadhaar by logging into CRA System using Aadhaar based authentication through OTP. Such requests needs to be authorized by associated Nodal Office.
  • Reprint of PRAN card: Reprint PRAN card by logging into CRA System using mobile based authentication through OTP.

Subscribers can check the status of the change request by calling CRA Call Centre using T-PIN and select the option of checking the status of the change request and input the acknowledgement number generated by the CRA system once the request is initiated/ processed by the Nodal Office. Subscribers can also speak to the Call Center Executive to check the status. Following are some of the menus available in the IVR:

  • Change T-PIN
  • Information on scheme preference and Holding
  • To check change request Status
  • Information on last contribution credited
  • Status of last withdrawal request for Tier II
  • Other Services
  • Information on subscriber Shifting status
  • Speak to Call Centre executive

Subscriber can generate password by doing few steps even without log-in to your account.

  • Visit welcome page for NPS account log-in
  • Click on the “Forgot Password” link
  • Select “Instant Reset I-PIN”
  • Enter minimum required details like PRAN, Date of Birth
  • Enter New Password of your choice

Subscriber should select any one of the following options:

  • Generate OTP: Once Subscriber selects this option, a One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the Subscribers registered Mobile Number / email ID. After receiving the same, Subscriber needs to enter this OTP in the system.
  • Go to Nodal Office: In this option, Subscriber needs to print the acknowledgment and handover the same to associated Nodal office for authorization. After successful authorization by the Nodal Office, Subscriber can use the new password (provided during the initiation of the request) for log-in to the CRA system.

To reset the T-PIN, Subscriber can call the CRA toll free number 1800-222-080 to access IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system. After selecting the appropriate option, system will prompt the Subscriber to reset T-PIN by providing the existing T-PIN and the required new T-PIN. In case Subscriber has forgotten T-PIN, upon successful verification of the personal details, the Subscriber will be transferred to a helpline executive to change the T-PIN.

In case of loss or damage of PRAN card, the Subscriber needs to submit a duly filled Form S2 to the concerned DDO. After verifying the form, the associated Nodal Office will process the request in the CRA System. Once the request is processed, a fresh PRAN Card is printed and sent to the respective Nodal Office for onward distribution to the Subscriber.

Alternatively, Subscriber can log-in to CRA System with the User ID and password and select the option of Reprint of PRAN Card. This is a chargeable transaction. Subscriber can also download ePRAN through CRA login.

Under Tier II, there should be at least 1 contribution in a financial year.

For Tier II, Subscribers can submit the contribution to any of the POP-SP. List of POP-SPs are available at CRA website www.npscra.nsdl.co.in. Subscriber can select a nearest POP-SP.

For Tier II account, there will be a time lag between the time a subscriber deposits Cash/DD/cheque with the POP-SP and the time of credit of units to his / her account, which may range upto 15 working days at the time of initial registration and upto 7 working days for subsequent contribution. Once the contribution is credited to his / her account, an e-mail alert as well as a SMS alert will be sent to the registered e-mail ID and mobile number of the subscriber. This service is currently available to State Government employees and the same will be made available to the Central Government employees shortly.

Under NPS, Subscriber accounts are identified by unique PRAN allotted to them by CRA. The Nodal office can remit for Tier I account, once PRAN is generated and need not wait till receipt of PRAN Kit from CRA. However, in order to activate the Tier II account, subscriber needs to submit a copy of the PRAN Card along with the duly filled UOS-S10 form. (Except in case of Non-IRA compliant Subscriber, wherein Tier II can be activated without PRAN card).