An individual can join the National Pension System either by visiting POP-SP or through eNPS.
Joining NPS through POP-SP
Obtain an application for a Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN).
You can obtain your PRAN application form from any of the Point of Presence – Service Providers (POP-SP) you desire to register with if you are a Subscriber between the ages of 18 and 65. The PRAN application form is also available on our website by clicking here.
You must ensure that your PRAN application form is completely filled out, including your photograph, signature, necessary information, scheme preference information, and KYC evidence such as proof of identity and proof of residency. Please refer to the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority’s (PFRDA) offer document for more information about NPS.
Submit PRAN application form to your nearest Point Of Presence – Service Provider (POP-SP)
You can submit the PRAN application along with the KYC documents to your local POP-SP. The CRA will send your PRAN card to your correspondence address.
Track your PRAN application.
POP-SP will issue you a receipt number after you submit your PRAN application. You can check the status of your PRAN application by going to https://cra-nsdl.com/CRA/pranCardStatusInput.do and entering the receipt number.
Submit your first Contribution Slip
When you register for registration with any POP-SP, you must submit your initial donation (of at least Rs 500). You must submit an NCIS (Instruction Slip) detailing the payment paid to your PRAN account in order to do so.
Joining NPS through eNPS
Subscriber can open NPS account online by visiting eNPS website through PAN & Bank details.
Registration using PAN (KYC verification by Bank/Non Bank POP)
- You must have a ‘Permanent Account Number’ (PAN)
- Bank / Demat /Folio account details with the empanelled Bank/Non-Bank for KYC
verification for subscriber registration through eNPS
- Your KYC verification will be done by the Bank/Non-Bank POP selected by you
during the registration process. Name and address provided during registration
should match with POP records for KYC verification. If the details don’t match, the
request is liable for rejection. In case of rejection of KYC by the selected POP, the
applicant is requested to contact the POP
- You need to fill up all the mandatory details online
- You need to upload scanned copy of PAN card and Cancelled Cheque in
.jpeg/.jpg/*.png format having file size between 4KB – 2MB
- You need to upload your scanned photograph and signature in .jpeg/.jpg/*.png
format having file size between 4KB – 5MB
- You will be routed to a payment gateway for making the payment towards your NPS account from Internet Banking
- Contributions are credited in PRANs on T+2 basis (subject to receipt of clear funds
from Payment Gateway Service Provider)
In addition, NRI subscribers should,
- Select the Bank Account Status i.e., Non-Repatriable account or Repatriable account
- Provide the NRE/NRO bank account details and upload scanned copy of passport
- Select the preferred address for communication i.e., Overseas Address or Permanent
Address (communication at overseas address would entail extra charges)
After Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) is allotted, subscriber can use the following option:
Option 1 – eSign
- Select ‘eSign’ option in the eSign / Print & Courier page
- OTP for the purpose of authentication will be sent to your mobile number registered with the Aadhaar
- After Authentication of Aadhaar, Registration form will be successfully eSigned
- Once a document is eSigned, you need not send the physical copy of form to CRA
- eSign service charges plus taxes applicable is Rs. 25.90 (including UIDAI charge of Rs. 20)
Option 2 – Print and Courier
- Select ‘Print & Courier’ option in the eSign / Print & Courier page
- You need to take a printout of the form, paste your photograph (please do not sign
across the photograph) & affix signature
- You should sign on the block provided for signature
- The photograph should not be stapled or clipped to the form
- The form should be sent within 30 days from the date of allotment of PRAN to CRA at
the following address or else the PRAN will be ‘frozen’ temporarily