Articles you may like to read
- Enhancement of superannuation age of the officers in Ordnance Factory Health Services
- Meeting of BPMS with Defence Minister on issues of Civilian Defence Employees
- PCDA Circular on granting Fixed Medical Allowance in the places not covered by CGHS
- Non-Productivity Bonus for PBOR Defence Personnel for year 2016-17 – Defence Ministry Orders
Revised Pension to Pre-2006 Defence Pensioners from 01.01.2006 instead of 24.09.2012 at par with Civilan Pre-2006 Pensioners
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No: C-144
0/0 the Pr.C.D.A. (Pensions)
Draupadighat Allahabad -211014
Dated: -14 /08/2015
The Treasury Officer
The PO- Master, Kathua, Srinagar (J&K)
The PO- Master, Campbell Bay (Andman & Nicobar)
The Defence Pension Disbursing Officer
Pay & Accounts Officer
Military & Air Attache, Indian Embassay, Kathmandu, Nepal (through Gorkha Record Officer, Kurnaghat, Gorakhpur)
Director of Accounts, Panji (Goa)
Finance Secretary, Gangtok, PO-l, Thimpu Bhutan
The General Manager (Nodal Officer, PSBs)
All Managers, CPPC of Public Sector Banks.
All Managers, CPPC of Authorized Private Banks.
Subject: Revision of pension of Pre-2006 pensioners – reg.
Reference: This office Important Circulars No. 102 bearing no. GI/C/0198/VOL-IV/Tech dated 11-02-2013
Attention of all pension disbursing authorities is invited to above cited circular wherein instructions had been issued for implementation of GOI, Ministry of P,PG and pensions, Deptt of P&PW OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A,) dated 28 January, 2013 and this order was applicable w.e.f 24.09.2012. Now, GOI, Ministry of P, PG and pension, Dept of P&PW have further issued orders under their OM No. 38/37/08 P&PW (A) dated 30.07.2015, that “the pension/family pension of all pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners my be revised in accordance with this Department’s OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 28.1.2013 with effect from 1.1.2006 instead of 24.09.2012.”
(2) In case the consolidated pension/family pension calculated as per Para 4.1 of OM No.38/37/08-P&PW (A) dated 01-09-2008 is higher than the pension/family pension calculated in the manner indicated in the OM dated 28.01.2013, the same ( higher consolidated pension/family pension) will continue to be treated as basic pension/ family pension.
(3) All other conditions as given in OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW (A) dated 1.9.2008, as amended from time to time shall remain unchanged.
(4) All pension disbursing authorities are therefore, requested to revise the pension/family pension in affected cases in terms of Govt. OM No. 38 /37/08-P&PW(A) dated 28-01-2013 w.e.f. 01.01.2006 instead of 24.09.2012. Payment made w.e.f. 01.01.2006 will be adjusted against the arrears now being paid and these cases may be reflected in the monthly account sent to this office as ‘change item’.
(5) Where the PDAs are in doubt in regulating the payment of revised pension/family pension under these orders, the cases with full details of pensioner/family pensioners and PPO No: etc may be referred to Audit Section of this office for advice and further action.