Enhancement of specified Allownaces based on DA is automatic – Postal Department clarifies
Ministry of Posts, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology has clarified that various allowances and advances which were ordered to be enhanced by 25% once Dearness Allowance crosses 50%, as per the implementation orders for sixth pay commission report can be automatically enhanced without waiting for separate orders.
The Office Memorandum dated 24.01.12 issued by Department of Posts is reproduced below.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS AND I.T.
DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
DAK BHAWAN, SANSAD MARG, NEW DELHI-110116
THE 24th JANUARY, 2012
SUBJECT : ENHANCEMENT OF VARIOUS ALLOWANCES BY 25% FROM 1.1.2011 OWING TO OVER 50% INCREASE IN DEARNESS ALLOWANCE – REG.
The undersigned is directed to say that a number of references and queries have been received in this Directorate from various Circles seeking clarifications in respect of increase of various allowances consequent upon increase in the Dearness Allowance beyond 50% w.e.f. 1st January, 2011. The issue has been examined in consultation with Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure). It may be recalled that, on implementation of the recommendations of the 6th Central Pay Commission, necessary orders in respect of various allowances and certain advances were issued by the Government. Some of these orders inter alia stipulated that such Allowances/advances shall automatically increase by 25% whenever Dearness Allowance goes up by 50%.
2. It is, therefore, clarified that such orders in respect of the allowances and advances, which provide for their automatic increase by 25% whenever Dearness Allowance goes up by 50%, do not require further confirmation/clarification for complying with the said stipulations.
3. However, such Allowances and Advances are mentioned below for ready reference of all concerned :
1. Children Education Allowance including Hostel Subsidy, etc.
2. Special Allowance
3. Cash Handling Allowance
4. Washing Allowance
5. Split Duty Allowance
6. Bad Climate Allowance
7. Special Compensatory (Remote Locality) Allowance
8. (a) All components of Daily allowance on tour,
(b) Mileage Allowances for road and bicycle journeys on tour
9. Special Compensatory (Hill Area) Allowance
10. Special Comp. Scheduled Tribal Area Allowance
11. Project Allowance
12. Fixed Conveyance Allowance
13. Cycle Maintenance Allowance
14. Special Allowance for Child care for women with disabilities
15. (a) Advance for purchase of Bicycle
(b) warm Clothing Advance
(c) Festival Advance
(d) Natural Calamity Advance
16. Desk Allowance
This issues with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Wing vide their diary No.28/FA/12/CS dated : 24/01/2012
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR GENERAL (ESTT.)