Bid called for to provide software solutions to CGHS
Dept. of Health & Family Welfare invited applications from interested companies for providing software solutions under Central Government Health Scheme(CGHS)
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Dept. of Health & Family Welfare invited applications from interested companies for providing software solutions under Central Government Health Scheme(CGHS) to provide equivalent brands / generic medicines for the prescribed medicines. The last date for submission was 5P.M. on the 18th of October, 2012.
However , in order to invite response from more interested parties, it has been decided to re-issue notice inviting applications from interested companies for providing software solutions under Central Government Health Scheme(CGHS) to provide equivalent brands / generic medicines for the prescribed medicines.
Companies, which have already submitted applications in response to the earlier notice inviting applications in this regard, need not apply again and the same applications shall be considered.
EOI applications along with documents may be submitted in a two bid system, a ‘Techno commercial bid’ and a ‘Financial bid’ in separate sealed envelopes labelled accordingly. Both the envelops shall be enclosed in another sealed envelope super scribed ‘EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PROVIDING INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS UNDER CGHS TO PROVIDE EQUIVALENT BRANDS / GENERIC MEDICINES FOR THE PRESCRIBED MEDICINES’ to the office of Deputy Secretary(VPS), Min. of Health & Family Welfare , 308- D wing, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi before 5P.M. on the 29th of November , 2012.
Download EXPRESSION OF INTEREST as pdf file
The full text of Expression Interest called for by Department of Health and Family Welfare is as follows
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PROVIDING INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS UNDER CENTRAL GOVERNMENT HEALTH SCHEME (CGHS) TO PROVIDE EQUIVALENT BRANDS / GENERIC MEDICINES FOR THE PRESCRIBED MEDICINES
Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) in India provides comprehensive health care to the CGHS beneficiaries through CGHS Wellness Centres located in 25 cities. Presently it provides health care to about 32 lakh beneficiaries residing in CGHS covered cities.
2. The endeavor of the Government is to promote use of generic medicines, which are therapeutically equivalent to the branded medicines. Medical officers prescribe medicines by generic name or by a brand name. The medicines prescribed by doctors either by generic name or brand name are provided through CGHS by therapeutically equivalent medicines either as generics or by available brands. In view of the large number of medicines available under different brands in the market having the same composition and therapeutic value ,Department of Health , Ministry of Health & Family Welfare proposes to invite applications from Interested service providers for providing Integrated Soft Ware Solutions for issue of equivalent brands / generic medicines by CGHS for the prescribed medicines.
3. The proposed solutions are to overcome the problems related to the issue of equivalent medicines with the same composition and therapeutic value , which may be available in the stock inventory of CGHS Wellness centre, in lieu of prescribed branded medicines (prescribed by doctors). It would promote use of generic medicines as well as economize the public expenditure without compromising on the quality of health care.
4. The software solution is also expected to generate prescriptions through CGHS Software with the following details:
|Generic name /
5. The Data Base provided by the company should be exhaustive to cover all available medicines (presently number more than 1.7 Lakhs) and their extensions along with relevant details like composition, strength , packing size, type and company name and price along with application to be integrated with CGHS Software of NIC to find generics or equivalent brands for prescribed brands.
6. The application and the data base shall be used by CGHS by integrating the output with any Soft ware used by CGHS including that of NIC , which is currently being used by CGHS.
7. The company shall continuously track and provide the updates on all new medicine brands with relevant details like composition, strength , packing size, type and company name and price etc., from all over India and the same will be updated to the data base in use at CGHS.
8. The data base and the application shall reside at CGHS Server at NIC (Hqtrs.) with a provision of web link to the company for updating the data base regularly.
9. Data base will be provided in encrypted form with a link application providing relevant output for integration with CGHS Software in use.
10. Data base and relevant application will be used only for CGHS and its various offices/ Wellness Centers with no limit on the number of users.
11. All information, MIS or output by the CGHS users through the software application in use, including the inherent intellectual properties , remains the sole and exclusive property of the CGHS.
12. The ‘EOI’ applications are to be submitted as per the format given below in two bid format – Techno commercial bid and Financial Bid :-
12 a) Techno commercial bid
1. Name of the Company with Telephone Number & Address
2. Name and Telephone Number of Contact Person
3. Brief Summary about the company.
4. Whether the company has provided similar solutions to any Government or
5. Copy of agreement , if any with Government institutions
6. Whether the company is registered with concerned authorities for VAT / Service Tax etc.,
7. All pages of the document shall be signed by authorized signatory.
12 b) Enclose the following documents:
a) Copy of PAN Card
b) Copy of Registration certificate for VAT/ Service Tax , if any
c) Copy of agreement for similar services with other private / Government institutions
d) Undertaking that the company agrees to provide the software solution and other customized application changes as per the details above within 30 days of approval and issue of PO.
e) Undertaking that the company has not provided for similar services of the same scope and magnitude to any other private / public institution at a lower price than the price quoted for CGHS.
f) Undertaking that the company has not been convicted / debarred for providing such software solutions.
g) Resolution by company in favour of Authorized signatory.
h) Annual turnover of the company along with annual accounts containing Profit & Loss account and Balance Sheet of previous financial year.
i) The company shall give an undertaking for the eligibility criteria as mentioned at para 12 (f)
12 c) Financial Bid
The price may be quoted for providing the software solution to CGHS as per the details mentioned above. The quoted price shall indicate the cost in Rupees per month plus taxes as applicable, as user charges for providing Drug Data base with application and for regular tracking and update of all brands with relevant brand details like brand name, composition, strength, pack size, type, MRP and company name launched in India.
12 d) OPENING OF THE BIDS
Techno-commercial bids will be opened ( including the applications submitted in response to the earlier notice ) at 2 P.M. on 30.11.2012 by the Bid opening committee at D-308 , Nirman Bhawan ,New Delhi. The bidders or their authorized representatives can attend the Techno-commercial bid opening.
The committee for scrutinizing and short listing of Techno-commercial bids of the applicants may , if required, ask for a power point presentation and the bidders must be ready for the same at their own cost.
Financial bids of only those bidders, who qualify in the techno-commercial bid will be opened. The bidders, who have qualified in the techno-commercial bid will be informed of the time and place of opening of the Financial bids.
12 e) Other information
Department of Health, Min. of Health & Family welfare reserves the right to annul or cancel the bidding process at any time without ascertaining any reason. The award of the job to the successful bidding service provider shall be , initially, for one year, extendable by another year with mutual agreement.
12 f) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
1. Application is complete as per the details mentioned at 12(a) and 12(b)
2. The data of medicines shall be exhaustive and includes the data of at least 1.5 lakh medicines.
3. The company agrees to provide software applications to CGHS at fixed cost irrespective of the number of users as mentioned at para 10.
4. The company has provided similar application of comparable magnitude to any government / private organizations.
13. EOI applications along with documents may be submitted in a two bid system, a ‘Techno commercial bid’ and a ‘Financial bid’ in separate sealed envelopes labelled accordingly. Both the envelops shall be enclosed in another sealed envelope super scribed ‘EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PROVIDING INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS UNDER CGHS TO PROVIDE EQUIVALENT BRANDS / GENERIC MEDICINES FOR THE PRESCRIBED MEDICINES’ to the office of Deputy Secretary(VPS), Min. of Health & Family Welfare , 308- D wing, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi before 5P.M. on the 29 th of November 2012.
Deputy Secretary to Government of India
Tel 2306 1881