Grant of notional increment to Government servants for pensionary benefits for those who retire on superannuation on the preceding day of increment-Entitlement of Terminal Leave Salary
Tamilnadu Government has issued clarification on grant of notional increment to Government servants for pensionary benefits for those who retire on superannuation on the preceding day of increment-Entitlement day in a year
Govt of Tamilnadu
Finance (CMPC) Department,
Fort St. George,
Chennai – 600 009.
Letter No.5085/ CMPC / 2015-1,
Thiru T. UDHAYACHANDRAN, l.A.S., Secretary to Government (Expenditure).
All Additional Chief Secretaries/ Principal Secretaries /
Secretaries to Government, Chennai-9.
The Secretary, Legislative Assembly, Secretariat, Chennai-9. The Secretary to the Governor, Chennai–32.
The Comptroller, Governors Household, Raj Bhavan, Chennai-32.
The Secretary to the Governor, Guindy, Chennai–32.
The Governor’s Secretariat, Raj Bhavan, Guindy, Chennai- 32. All Departments of Secretariat(OP/Bills), Chennai – 9.
All Heads of Department.
All Collectors/All District Judges / All Chief Judicial Magistrates.
The Principal Accountant General (Accounts & Entitlements), Chennai- 18. The Principal Accountant General (Audit.I), Chennai-18.
The Accountant General (Audit.II), Chennai-18.
The Accountant General (CAB), Chennai-9/Madurai. The Registrar General, High Court, Chennai- 104.
The Chairman, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, Chennai-3. The Registrar of all Universities in Tamil Nadu.
The Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts, Chennai-15. The Director of Pension, OMS Complex, Chennai-6.
The Director of Local Fund Audit, Chennai – 108.
The Pension Pay Officer, Chennai- 600 006.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Secretariat, Chennai-9.
The Pay and Accounts Officer,( North / South / East) Chennai- 1 / 35 / 8. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Madurai – 625 001.
All Treasury Officers / Sub-Treasury Officers.
The Commissioner of Tribunal for Disciplinary Proceedings, No.6, Manickeswari Road, Chennai-10.
The Commissioner, Corporation of Chennai / Madurai / Coimbatore
/Tiruchirapalli / Salem / Tirunelveli, Tuticorin, Vellore, Tirupur, Erode.
All State Owned Corporations and Statutory Boards.
All Divisional Development Officers / Revenue Divisional Officers / Tahsildars.
All Block Development Officers / Municipal Commissioners.
All Chief Educational Officers / Panchayat Union Commissioners. The Project Co-ordinator, Tamil Nadu Integrated Nutrition Project,
No.570, Anna Salai, Chennai-18.
All Recognised Service Associations.
Sub: Grant of notional increment to Government servants for pensionary benefits for those who retire on superannuation on the preceding day of increment-Entitlement of Terminal Leave Salary — Clarification – Regarding.
1) G.0.Ms.No.311, Finance (CMPC) Department, dated:31-12-2014.
2) From the Senior Accounts Officer, Office of the Principal Accountant General (A&E) Tamil Nadu, Letter No.GAD- I/IV /GENL/2014-15/3816/132427, dated:14-01-2015 and 22-05-2015.
3) From the Pay and Accounts Officer (Secretariat), Letter
4) From the Pay and Accounts Officer (South), Letter No.PAO(S)/BAS-l/Ul/120/2015, dated:22-05-2015.
In the Government Order first cited above, orders were issued to sanction one notional increment, for the purpose of pensionary benefits and not for any other purpose, to a Government servant whose increment falls due on the day following superannuation.
2) In the references second and third cited above, presumption has been raised that the notional increment which accrue on the day following the date of superannuation can be reckoned for calculation of terminal leave salary i.e. Encashment of Earned Leave and Unearned Leave on Private Affairs, at credit at the time of retirement.
3) I am to confirm the above presumption as the terminal leave salary is also a retirement benefit.
Yours faithfully, .
for Secretary to Government (Expenditure)