Articles you may Like
Award of cash incentive to the Government employees who have rendered 25 years of unblemished service – Orders Issued.
FINANCE (PAY CELL) DEPARTMENT
Dated : 07-11-2012
Thiruvalluvar Aandu, 2043.
1. G.O.Ms.No.13, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 04-01-1996.
2. SB Order No.22 / 2011, letter No.113-01 / 2011-SB dated: 24-11-2011, the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Government of India.
In the Government Order read above, orders have been issued to the effect that the Government employees who have completed 25 years of unblemished service under the State Government shall be awarded with an Indira Vikas Patra in the denomination of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees one thousand only) with an initial value of Rs.500/-(Rupees five hundred only). Subsequently, Kisan Vikas Patra was issued in lieu of Indira Vikas Patra.
2) In the letter second read above, the Government of India has conveyed its decision of discontinuing the sale of Kisan Vikas Patra with effect from 1-12-2011 consequent on rationalization of schemes.
3) Consequent on the closure of the scheme of Kisan Vikas Patra, requests were made from various Departments of Secretariat / Head of Departments to provide an alternate incentive in lieu of Kisan Vikas Patra awarded for rendering of 25 years of unblemished service by the employees. The Government has examined the issue in detail and considering the quantum of incentive fixed fifteen years ago, it was felt necessary that the twenty five years of unblemished service rendered by the employees should be recognised in a proper perspective and therefore it has been decided to grant cash award as an incentive to the above employees. Accordingly, Government direct that a cash award of Rs.2,000/- (Rupees two thousand only) shall be sanctioned to the employees who have rendered twenty five years of unblemished service along with a Certificate (Annexure enclosed) issued on behalf of Government duly recognizing their unblemished services.
4) The Government also direct that the appointing authorities concerned shall prepare a list of employees who have completed 25 years of unblemished service once in every six months i.e. on the 1st January and 1st July of every year and issue sanction orders for issue of cash award of Rs.2,000/- (Rupees two thousand only) so as to enable the Drawing and Disbursing Officers to claim the same and make payment to the employees concerned. Further, there shall be no change in the conditions stipulated in para-3 of the Government Order cited and subsequent clarification issued in this regard.
5) These orders shall also apply to the teaching and non-teaching staff of local bodies and aided educational institutions.
6) The expenditure shall be debited to the detailed head of account “59 Prizes and Awards” under the relevant sub-head, minor, sub-major and major heads of account.
7) Necessary additional funds will be provided in Revised Estimate / Final Modified Appropriation 2012–2013. Pending provision of such funds, the Heads of Department concerned are permitted to incur the expenditure under the relevant head of account and the same may be included in the proposals sent to Government for Revised Estimate / Final Modified Appropriation 2012-2013.
8) In cases where the sanction for issue of Kisan Vikas Patra has already been made and the amount drawn and kept in the accounts of the Drawing Officers for purchase of Kisan Vikas Patra, which has been dispensed such amounts shall be remitted to the Government account and orders sanctioning Kisan Vikas Patra in such cases shall be cancelled and fresh orders be issued for sanction of cash award to such employees.
9) This order is issued with Additional Sanction Ledger No.1568 (One Thousand Five Hundred and Sixty Eight)
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.