Articles you may Like
CBSE Notification for Introduction of JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced in lieu of AIEEE and IIT-JEE
Central Board of Secondary Education has issued Notification for conducting JEE-Main and JEE-Advance from the year 2013, in lieu of AIEEE and IIT-JEE, the examinations which were conducted till the year 2012 for admission to NITs and IITs. The full text of the Notification is as follows
Central Board of Seconary Education
(An autonomous Organisation under the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt.of India)
P.S.1-2, Institutional Area, I ) Extension, Parparganj, Delhi – 110092
Subject: Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) -2013 for Admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in IITs, NITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, etc.
Based on the discussions held amongst the various stakholders, it has been decided to hold a Joint Entrance Examination from 2013 for admission to the undergraduate programmes in Engineering in two parts, JEE (Main) and (JEE Advanced)
The revised scheme of examination is as follows:
- Name of the examination shall be Joint Entrance Exanimation (JEE)
- JEE shall be held in two parts — JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced).
- Now, AIEEE will be known as JEE(Main) and IIT-JEE as JEE(Adva.nced).
- All candidates shall take JEE (Main). JEE (Main) shall be gateway for JEE (Advanced)
- Only the top 150,000 candidates (including all categories as per reservation policy) based on performance in JEE (Main), will qualify to appear in the JEE (Advanced) examination. Admission to IITs will be based only on category wise All India Rank in JEE (Advanced), subject to condition that such candidates are in the top 20 percentile of successful candidates in Class XII/equivalent examination conducted by their Boards in applicable categories.
- For admission to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) like IITs etc. and participating Institutions; the merit/rank list shall be prepared based on 40 per cent weightage to school board marks in Class XII or equivalent examinations and 60 per cent weightage to JEE(Main). The weightage to school Board/equivalent examination marks shall be considered only after normalization.
- In case any State opts to admit students in the engineering colleges affiliated to State Universities and the State require separate merit list to be provided based on some other weightages for Class XII/ equivalent examination & JEE (Main), then the merit list shall be prepared with such relative weightages as may be indicated by States. As on date Gujarat state has indicated its willingness to participate in JEE (Main)
- Those students who have appeared in the Class XII Board examinations/equivalent in 2012 and wish to improve upon their performances for the purpose of JEE(Main)/JEE(Advanced) will be required to appear in all subjects as per Scheme of Studies again from their respective Boards in 2013.
- The proposed changes shall be effective from the year 2013.
(a) Scheme of JEE (Main) Examination shall be:
|Course||Papers||Subject||Duration of Examination||Mode||Date of Examination|
|BE. /B Tech||Paper-1||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics||3 hours||offline||07.04.2013|
|Online||Between 8th April to 25th April 2013 (Exact Date shall be announced later)|
|B Arch/ B Planning||Paper-2||Part-I –Mathematics, Part II – Aptitude Test, Part III -Drawing- Test||Offline||07.04.2013|
Paper-1: Objective type questions with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics based on Common Core Syllabus.
Paper-2: Objective type questions for Mathematics & Aptitude Test and Question to test drawing aptitude for Drawing Test.
For further details and clarifications, candidates may visit and write to: