Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
New Delhi, 24th September 2021.
Subject: Cash Management System in Central Government-Modified Exchequer Control Based Expenditure Management for the remaining part of this financial year (2021-22).
Attention is invited to the instructions issued vide this Ministry’s O.M. F.No.12(13)-B(W&M)/2020 dated 30.6.2021 (regulating expenditure in Quarter-2 of FY 2021-22) and F.No.15(39)-B(R)/2016 dated 21.8.2017 regarding modified exchequer control based expenditure management under Cash Management System in Central Government.
2. The above guidelines have been reviewed. The stipulations to regulate the overall expenditure within 20% of BE 2021-22 in Quarter 2 (July-September, 2021) by the Demands/ Appropriations mentioned under Category B in this Ministry’s O.M. No. F. No. 12(13)-B(W&M)/2020 dated 30.6.2021 stands withdrawn with immediate effect.
3. Accordingly, all Ministries/Departments are now permitted to spend as per their own approved MEP/QEP until further orders, during remaining part of this financial year.
4. Also, instructions regulating bulk items of expenditure (2 Rs. 200 crore) stated in this Ministry’s O.M. No. F.No.15 (39)-B(R)/2016 dated 21.8.2017 as referred above, are relaxed for items pertaining to budgeted capital expenditure for the remaining part of the current financial year.
5. Any deviation from the aforesaid guidelines would require prior approval from Ministry of Finance. Any communication by Ministries/ Department on the subject cited above should be addressed to the Secretary, Department of Expenditure.
6. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Cabinet Secretary, Government of India;
Comptroller & Auditor General of India;
Secretaries of all Ministries/Departments;
Secretary (Defence Services), Ministry of Defence;
Member (Finance), Ministry of Railways;
Member (Finance), Department of Telecommunications;
Controller General of Accounts, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure; and
Financial Advisers/Pr.CCAs/CCAs of all Ministries/Departments.
Also check the following links related to this topic:
Delay in the announcement of the IDA increases w.e.f. 01.07.2021 and 01.10.2021 – employees are…
Clarification on CGHS facilities to the retired BSNL/MTNL Employees who are in receipt of pension…
Cabinet approves release of an additional instalment of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief to Central…
Periodical Transfer of staff- Railway Board Clarification regarding circulation of FAKE letters on social media
The Union Cabinet approved a 3 per cent dearness allowance (DA) and dearness relief (DR)…
Submission of Annual Life Certificate: Railway Board Order RBA No. 54/2021 dated 11.10.2021