Several Steps taken to facilitate the farmers and farming activities at field level during the lock down period
The Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare, Government of India is taking several measures to facilitate the farmers and farming activities at field level during the lock down period. The updated status is given below:
- To ensure supply of seeds to the States under National Food Security Mission, the subsidy pertaining to seeds under the scheme shall be for varieties less than 10 years. It has also been decided to allow Truthful Label seeds for subsidy component for the North East, Hilly regions and the UTs of Jammu & Kashmir only, for all crops under NFSM.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Scheme during the lockdown period from 24.3.2020, about 8.31 crore farmer families have been benefitted and an amount of Rs. 16,621 crore has been released so far.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PM-GKY) about 3,985 MT of pulses has been dispatched for delivery to the States/UTs.
- In Punjab, organic products are being delivered at doorstep in the specially designed electric van under Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY)
- In Maharashtra, 21,11,171 quintals of fruits and vegetables have been sold by 27,797 FPOs in 34 districts by online/direct sale method.