Articles you may Like
Tamil Nadu Government announcement of 7 seven percent of Dearness Allowance to its employees and pensioners with effect from July 2016.
Tamilnadu Government GO enhancing DA by 7%.
GOVERNMENT OF TAMILNADU
FINANCE (ALLOWANCES) DEPARTMENT
G.O.No.309, Dated 16.12.2016
ALLOWANCES – Dearness Allowance – Enhanced Rate of Dearness Allowance from 1st July 2016 – Orders – Issued.
READ – the following papers:
1. G.O.Ms.No.117, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 20th April 2016.
2. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, New Delhi, Office Memorandum No.1/2/2016-E-II (B), dated, 4th November 2016.
3. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, New Delhi, Office Memorandum No.1/3/2008-E-II (B), dated, 9th November 2016.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued sanctioning revised rate of Dearness Allowance to State Government employees as detailed below:-
Date from which payable Rate of Dearness Allowance (per month) 1st Jan, 2016 125 per cent of Pay plus Grade Pay
2. The Government of India, in its Office Memorandum second read above, has conveyed its decision on admissibility of the Dearness Allowance to its employees subsequent to implementation of the Seventh Central Pay Commission recommendations, as detailed below:-
Date from which payable Rate of Dearness Allowance (per month) From 01.01.2016 No Dearness Allowance From 01.07.2016 2 per cent of basic pay
3. The Government of India in its Office Memorandum third read above, enhanced the Dearness Allowances from the existing 125% to 132% with effect from 01.07.2016, to its employees drawing pay in pre-revised pay band/grade pay as per Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations.
4. The Government, after careful consideration of the Government of India’s decision to enhance the Dearness Allowances to its employees drawing pay in the pre-2016 scales of pay, has decided to enhance the Dearness Allowances of its employees by 7% with retrospective effect from 01.07.2016. Accordingly, the Government direct that the Dearness Allowances of the State Government employees be revised as indicated below:-
Date from which payable Rate of Dearness Allowance (per month) 1st Jan, 2016 132 per cent of Pay plus Grade Pay
5. The Government also direct that (i) the arrears of the enhanced Dearness Allowances for the months of July to November, 2016 be drawn and disbursed immediately by existing cashless mode of Electronic Clearance System (ECS); and (ii) while working out the revised Dearness Allowance, fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to next higher rupee if such fraction is 50 paise and above and shall be ignored if it is less than 50 paise.
6. The Government further direct that the revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned above shall be admissible to full time employees who are at present getting Dearness Allowance and paid from contingencies at fixed monthly rates. The revised rates of Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order shall not be admissible to part-time employees.
7. The revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order shall also apply to the teaching and non-teaching staff working in aided educational institutions, employees under local bodies, employees governed by the University Grants Commission/All India Council for Technical Education scales of pay, the Teachers/Physical Education Directors/Librarians in Government and Aided Polytechnics and Special Diploma Institutions, Village Assistants in Revenue Department, Noon Meal Organisers, Child Welfare Organisers, Anganwadi Workers, Cooks, Helpers, Panchayat Secretaries in Village Panchayats under Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department and Sanitary Workers drawing special time scale of pay.
8. The expenditure shall be debited to the detailed head of account`03. Dearness Allowance’ under the relevant minor, sub-major and major heads of account.
9. Necessary additional funds will be provided in Revised Estimate /Final Modified Appropriation 2016-2017. Pending provision of such funds,the Drawing and Disbursing Officers are authorized to draw and disburse Date from which payable Rate of Dearness Allowance (per month) 1st July, 2016 132 per cent of Pay plus Grade Pay the amount as ordered above. The Pay and Accounts Officers / Treasury Officers shall admit and honour the bills, if otherwise found in order, without waiting for the authorization from the Accountant General (A&E),Tamil Nadu, Chennai.
10. This order issues with Additional Sanction Ledger Number 1618 (One thousand six hundred and eighteen)
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT