Gujarat State Government Public Holiday List 2018 – Gujarat Bank Holiday 2018
Gujarat State Government Public Holiday List 2018 – Gujarat Bank Holiday 2018 – West Bengal Government Notification OM No.6005-F(P2)/FA/O/IH-4/12 dated 22.09.2017
Government of West Bengal
Dated, 22nd September, 2017
In exercise of the power conferred by the explanation to Section 25 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, 188l(XXVI of 1881), read with Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Notification No.20/25/56-pub(l) dated the 8th June, 1957 the Governor is pleased to declare the following days to be Public Holidays during the year 2018.
|Birth Day of Swami Vivekananda||12th January,||Friday|
|Saraswati Puja (Sree Panchami)||22nd January,||Monday|
|Birth Day of Netaji||23rd January,||Tuesday|
|Republic Day||26th January,||Friday|
|Good Friday||2nd March,||Friday|
|**Birth Day ofDr.B.R.Ambedkar||14th April,||Saturday|
|Buddha Pumima||30th April,||Monday|
|May Day||1st May,||Tuesday|
|Birth Day of Rabindra Nath Tagore||9th May||Wednesday|
|Independence Day||15th August,||Wednesday|
|Id-Ud-Zoha (Bakrid)||22nd August,||Wednesday|
|Birth Day of Gandhiji||2nd October,||Tuesday|
|Lakshmi Puja||24th October,||Wednesday|
|Birth Day of Guru Nanak||23rd November,||Friday|
|Christmas Day||25th December,||Tuesday|
Note : Sunday is holiday under the Negotiable Instrument Act.
1) In the year 2018, the following festivals / occasions fall on Sundays which are Public Holidays under the N.I. Act and hence have not been included in the list of holidays :
i) Bengali New Year’s Day : 15th April, Sunday
2) The holiday with double asterisk marks i.e. (**) is applicable to those Government Offices only where Saturdays are not observed as full holiday.
3) General Instructions as laid down below in this Notification 6005-F(P2), dated 22.09.17 are to be followed in case of Muslim festivals.
The Governor is pleased to notify that on the following days during the year 2018, which are not declared to be Public Holidays, the Offices under the Government of West Bengal with the exception of the
Offices of the Registrar of Assurances, Kolkata and Collector of the Stamp Revenue, Kolkata shall be closed.
1) In the year 2018, the holidays with double asterisk marks i.e.(**) is applicable to those Government Offices only where Saturdays are not observed as full holiday.
TO BE FOLLOWED IN ALL TYPES OF HOLIDAYS INCLUDING
HOLIDAYS FOR THE MUSLIM FESTIVALS
1) No substitute holiday shall be allowed if any of the festival – holidays initially notified subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
2) If there is any change in the date of Id-Ul-Fitre, ld-Ud-Zoha, Muharram, Fateha-Duaz-Daham, Sab-e-Barat depending upon the sighting of the moon, holiday will be declared by a separate order for the date on which the festival would be actually observed in lieu of the date originally notified as holiday for this festival.
3) It may happen that the change of date of above occasions has to be notified at a very short notice.
In such a situation, announcement would be made through T.V./ A.I.R. / News Papers and Heads of Department / Offices of the state Government may take action according to such announcements without waiting for formal order about the change of date.
By Order of the Governor
Sd/- D. K. Mahapatra
O.S.D. & E.O. Special Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal