Provident Fund Interest Rates – GPF, CPF, Railway Provident Fund, Service Provident Fund Interest Rates revised to 8% from 8.1% with effect from 1st October 2016
GPF Interest Rates revised to 8% with effect from October 2016 – GPF Interest Rates for the previous quarter (June-Sep 2016) was paid at 8.1%
(PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION 1 OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
New Delhi, the 3rd October, 2016
It is announced for general information that during the year 2016-2017, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8.0% (Eight per cent) w.e.f. 1st October, 2016 to 31st December, 2016. This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st October, 2016. The funds concerned are:—
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
Deputy Secretary (Budget)