Provident Fund Interest Rate fixed at 8.7% for the year 2013-14
Provident Fund Interest Rate fixed at 8.7% for the year 2013-14 – Interest Rate cut of 0.1% compared to Provident Fund Interest Rate for the year 2012-13.
Finance Ministry, Government of India has announced the interest rate for deposits made in various provident funds such General Provident Fund, Contributory Provident Fund, General Provident Fund (Defence Services) etc by Central Government Employees and Defence Service Personnel.
As per this announcement interest rate for provident funds has been fixed at 8.7% for the year 2013-14. The present Provident Fund interest rate fixation is 0.1% less compared to last year.
The funds concerned are :-
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
Download Finance Ministry Resolution No. F.NO. 5(1)-B(PD) / 2013 dated 08.04.2013