Dispensing with the requirement of BSR code of bank from the pension claim forms
Dispensing with the requirement of BSR codes of Pension Paying Bank Branch while submitting pension claim form by retiree or family member
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
8th Floor, Janpath Bhavan,
Janpath, New Delhi,
Dated: 27th June, 2020
Subject: Dispensing with the requirement of BSR code of bank from the pension claim forms
While submitting pension claim form, a retiree or family member has to provide the detail of his/her bank account, IFSC and BSR code of concerned bank branch. This Department has received many representations from retirees to dispense with the requirement of BSR codes from pension claim form as it is neither written in the passbook nor available on the website of concerned bank. In order to get information of the BSR code, sometimes a retiree has to make multiple visits to the concerned bank branch.
2. Therefore in order to avoid hardship of retiree and family members, it has been decided to dispense with the requirement of BSR code for processing all type pension cases with immediate effect. Henceforth a retiree or family pensioner will not be required to provide detail of BSR code while submitting form 5 or form 14. Only the bank account detail along with IFSC will be taken for processing the pension claim.
3. The Administrative Divisions of all Ministries/Department and attached/ subordinate offices are requested to bring these instructions to the notice of all concerned for compliance.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Tel No. 23310108
1. All the Ministries/ Department, Government of India
2. NIC, DoPPW: to incorporate the change in Bhavishya module
3. Controller General of Accounts, Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan, Ministry of Finance, GPO Complex, Block E, INA Colony, New Delhi.- With reference to their U.O. No. 13013(12)/2/2020-IT Technical/cs-1435/248 dated 18.06.2020.
Also check the following links related to this topic: