Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 by all Group A, Group B and Group C Central Government Employees on or before 15th October 2015
Update 06.04.2016: Last date for filing Lokpal return (15.04.2016) may be extended – An analysis of Lokpal and Lokayuktas Amendment Bill 2014
As of now no extension of time has been ordered by Govt as it was done four times earlier
Earlier in January 2014, Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 came in to force. Section 44 of the Act requires making of a declaration of assets and liabilities by all Group A, Group B and Group C Central Government Employees. As per DOPT OM dated 20.03.2014 it was required that Return under Lokpal had to be filed on or before 31.07.2014.
Subsequently, Extension of last date for filing declartion of assets and liabilities was provided four times as follows.
|Last Date for filing return extended to||DOPT Reference|
|From 31.07.2014 to 30.09.2014||F. No. 110131312014-Estt(A) dated 23.07.2014|
|From 30.09.2014 to 31.12.2014||DOPT Notification dated 08.09.2014|
|From 31.12.2014 to 30.04.2015||No. 407/12/2014-AVD-IV(B) dated 25.12.2014|
|From 30.04.2015 to 15.10.2015||DOPT Notification dated 27.04.2015|
Format of Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal
Format of return under Lokpal released by Govt is an image converted in to a pdf file which could not be filled up / or edited. To make the job of GConnect readers easier Mr.V.Shankaran, of GConnect Community has put on much efforts to prepare Declaration Fomat as MS Word and Excel files, so that Central Government Employees who have to file the return under Lokpal can simply download these editable formats of declartion and fill up the details relevant to them.
Download following Lokpal forms (MS Word Files):
Lokpal forms in Excel format
A walk through on Lokpal Declaration Format meant for Central Government Employees:
Details of the employer such as Name, Designation, Department etc and Declaration along with the signature of the employee to the effect that the return enclosed viz., Form 1 to Form IV are complete and correct to his/her knowledge.
2. Form No.1:
Form No. 1 is meant for providing the details of the employee (self), his / her spouse and dependent children. The details to be furnished in this form are
(ii). Public Position held if any
(iii). Whether return being filed by spouse and dependent childen separately
3. Form No. 2:
Statement of movable property (separate sheets have to be attached for spouse, and each dependent child)
This form is meant for providing the following movable property details
1. Cash and Bank Balance as on the date up to which Return is filed (as on 1st August, 2014 in the case of first return to be filed on or before 15th October 2015)
2. Investments made in Insurance Fund (premia paid as on date), Fixed and Recurring Bank Deposits, Shares, Bonds, Mutual funds, Pension fund, Provident Fund and any other investments of this nature as on the date up to which return is filed.
3. Personal Loans and advances given to any person or entity.
4. Details of Motor vehicles such as make, registration number, year of purchase and amount paid.
5. Weight of Gold Jewellery (+/- 10 grams), Silver items (+/- 100 grams), Precious metals and Precious stones. In the case of composite items (consisting of items containing gold, silver, precious items etc) value of the same has to be provided (This value need not be changed every year unless there is an addition or deletion in the composite items)
6. Any other assets such as (a) Furniture
(d) Paintings or
(e) Electronic equipments.
Details of these asset have to provided, only if the total current value of any particular asset in any particular category (e.g. furniture, fixtures, electronic equipments, etc.) exceeds two months’ basic pay or Rs. 1.00 lakh, as the case may be.
4. Form No. 3 : Details of Immovable Property held
This form is almost similar to the Annual Propery Return which has to be filed by Group A and Group B Central Government Emplyees under Conduct Rules. Details of immovable property such as land, house, flat, and shop etc held by each of persons for whom returns are filed under Lokpal, will have to be provided in this Form.
5. Form No. 4 : Details of Debts and Liabilities
- Central Government Employees will have to provide details of Debts and Liabilities held in his / her name as well in the name of spouse, and dependent childen.
- Individual items of loans not exceeding two months basic pay (where applicable) and Rs. 1.00 lakh in other cases need not be included in this form.
- Types of loans and liabilities taken from banks, Central / State govt and other entities will have be mentioned in this form.
Timeline for filing Return under Lokpal:
- The first return as on 1st August, 2014 will have to be filed on or before 15th October, 2015.
- The annual return as on 31st March, 2015 will have to be filed on or before 15th October, 2015.
- The subsequent annual returns as on 31st March of each year will have to be filed on or before 31st July of that year.
- In addition to filing of declaration of assets and liabilities under Lokpal, Annual Property Return under Conduct Rules should also be filed every year till suitable amendment is made in this regard.
Unless Govt is coming up with an OM for extension of last date for filing return under Lokpal before 15th October 2015, as it was done four times earlier, all Group A, Group B and Group C Central Government Employees will have to file the declaration on or before 15th October 2015.
DOPT has also released a compilation of Frequently Asked Questions and answers for the same with regard to Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal by Central Government Employees