Issue of Health Card to the NVS Retired/Existing Employees
Issue of Health Card to the Retired/Existing Employees of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti – NVS Order F. No. 25-1/2013-NVS(GA)/209 dated 31.05.2021
नवोदय विद्यालय समिति
NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SAMITI
शिक्षा मंत्रालय / Ministry of Education
(स्कूल शिक्षा एवं साक्षरता विभाग)
(Dept. of School Education & Literacy)
भारत सरकार / Govt. of India
F. No. 25-1/2013-NVS(GA)/209
The Deputy Commissioner
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
All Regional Offices
Sub: Issue of Health Card to the NVS Retired/Existing Employees-regarding
Approval of the competent authority is hereby conveyed for issue of Health Card to the retired employees of NVS as per the enclosed specimen and terms and conditions mentioned below :-
- Health card size will be 8.5″ x 5.5″ (appx.). The draft health card is enclosed and also available on the Samiti’s website.
- The concerned retired employee has to submit a written application as per Form HC-1 (attached below) along with two copies of recent passport size photographs of self and his/her dependent family members and copy of their Aadhar Cards to the Principal of his/her last JNV, Deputy Commissioner of last RO/NLI or Deputy Commissioner (Admn.), NVS Hqrs, if retired from NVS Hqrs.
- The concerned controlling Officer / Principal of the JNV will verify the particulars from the service records of the retired employee and forward the same to the concerned RO after certifying the particulars. For this purpose, a register is to be maintained by the JNV / NLI and necessary entry to this effect is to be made. A format of such register is attached as Form HC-2.
- All ROs/NLIs and section concerned of NVS Hqrs will maintain a register for issue of Health Card and record all the applications for issue of Health Card. Photograph of the retired employees and their dependent family members needs to be pasted in the register before issuing the Health Card to the applicant after verifying the particulars. A format of such register is attached as Form HC-3
- All the Health Cards will bear unique 17 digit SI. No. Prefixing with letter to represent the last office attended i.e. J (for JNV), N (for NLI), R (for RO) & H (for Hqrs) and suffixing with R (retired), it will be followed by six digit PIN code of the last JNV/NLI/RO/Hqrs, followed by date of issue in ddmmyy format and entry SI. No. For Example if the Health card is to be issued for a retired employee of JNV GB Nagar having PIN Code No. 203207 , which is issued on 10 May 2021 and SI. No. of the Register is 51, the Card will bear SI. No. as J20320710052100051R. The date has been written as 100521 and the SI. No. 51 is written as 00051. A format of the register can be designed for uniformity.
- For existing serving employees of ROs & JNVs under your jurisdiction, the Health Cards may be issued alongwith details of their dependents to facilitate the employee to get treatment at CGHS rate. Proper record in this regard is to be maintained at RO by a designated officer for this purpose.
- Good quality plastic cards should be issued for the above purpose for which agencies may be explored through GeM or as per GFR.
- Such cards will be issued free of cost (initially). Actual cost or Rs.100/-, whichever is higher, per card may be charged for re-issue of the card after obtaining application and other requisite documents, if required by the employee due to loss or change in the dependent(s ) status etc.
- Dependent Family members will be decided as per CS(MA) Rules only.
- This facility is given by the hospitals on complementary basis, hence the same cannot be claimed as a right.
- No reimbursement of the medical expenses incurred by the retired employees will be allowed by NVS. Reimbursement for serving employees will be continued to be considered as per the rules in extant.
- If the marital status of the official/spouse changes due to various reasons, the same is to be intimated to the Issuing Authority . If the official and the spouse are no more, only the legal dependent(s) may use the health card with an intimation to the Issuing Authority.
- This facility may be utilized by the employee (serving/retired) as the case may be and dependents , if the hospital agrees for treatment as per CGHS rate but the same cannot be claimed as a right.
2. List of the hospitals / nursing homes /path labs who have consented to provide medical facilities to the retired employees of NVS is being uploaded on the website of NVS on CGHS Rates shortly and it will be updated from time to time on receipt of consent from the hospitals. Efforts are also being made to sign an MoU with such hospitals/ Labs. ROs/JNVs/NLIs concerned may also disseminate the list of such hospitals under their jurisdiction through their websites.
3. This issues with the approval of Commissioner, NVS.
Encl : As above
Deputy Commissioner (Admn.)