Revision of Pension of Pre-2006 Pensioners – Hon’ble Supreme Court dismissed all appeals
Revision of Pension of Pre-2006 Pensioners w.e.f 1st Jan 2006 as per revised concordance Table – Hon’ble Supreme Court dismissed all appeals filed by Govt.
Bharat Pensioners Samaj has published a breaking news in its official website that remaining appeals filed by Govt which were pending before Hon’ble Supreme Court on the issue of revision of pension of Pre-2006 Pensioners with effect from 01.01.2006 as per revised concordance Table, were dismissed and as such Issue reached finality.
It may be recalled that Govt implemented the decision of CAT, Principal Bench, New Delhi vide order dated 1.11.2011 for revision of pre-2006 Pensioners with effect from 01.01.2006 (after it was upheld by Hon’ble High Court and by Apex Court subsequently) only in respect of petitioner Pensioners.
Must Read: Click here to Use GConnect Pension Calculator for Revision of Pension of Pre-2006 Pensioners
In the mean time, pre-2006 Pensioners demanded that pension of all pre-2006 Pensioners has to be revised from 01.01.2006 since decision of CAT reached finality in the form of dismissal of Govt appeal before Hon’ble Supreme Court. However, Govt had taken a stand which was communicated in DOPT OM No.38/77-A/09-P&PW(A)(Pt.) dated 05.03.2015. It was informed by DOPT in the said OM that apart from CAT decision in order dated 01.11.2011, which was upheld by Apex Court, remaining appeals of Govt in the similar issue in SLP Nos. 36148-50/2013 were pending before Hon’ble Supreme Court along with Civil Appeal No.8875-76/2011 filed by Ministry of Defence in a similar matter and that decision for granting revised pension to Pre-2006 would be taken on the basis of outcome of these cases.
Now, as informed by BPS, all these appeals before Hon’ble Supreme Court related to revision of pension of Pre-2006 Pensioners have been dismissed on 17th March 2015.
Text of Bharat Pensioners Samaj’s news release in this issue is given below
I am extremely happy to inform you the latest news received from the Hon’ble Supreme Court Venue Court No. 2 through my friend Shri GN Sir and LT CDR AVatar Singh Ji (subject to further confirmation and verification)
- Cases concluded at around 12 Noon, 17 March 2015 at Court Hall 2 Hon’ble Supreme Court
- All Cases Dismissed
- All Aggrieved Segments of Pre-2006 Pensioners will be covered by Hon’ble Supreme Court Verdict which shall be awaited in Black and White
- Union of India sought four months time for implementation
Now we can hope ends of justice have been met and all pre 2006 Pensioners would be getting the revised pension with effect from 01.01.2006 based on revised concordance table announced by DOPT in this OM January 2013
Want to read entire issue relating to Revision of Pension of Pre-2006 Pensioners ? Check the following links.
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners delinking of qualifying service of 33 years for revised pension
- CPAO : 7th CPC – Revision of pension of pre-2016 Pensioners / Family Pensioners, etc
- Changes in 7th CPC Pension Concordance Table 51 and Table 52
- PCDA Circular C-169 : 7th Pay Commission Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners/ Family Pensioners
- Revision of Pension for Pre-2006 Pensioners retired as NCC whole time Officers
- Action Taken Report on 29th SCOVA Minutes of Meeting
- Disposal of pending pre-2006 pension revision cases
- 7th Pay Commission Pension – 3rd Option suggested by Dept Side welcomed by Staff Side
- 7th CPC recommendation – Pre-2016 pensioners Pay determination
- Delinking of service for pension – Pre-2006 pensioners in the rank of JCOs/ ORs and Commissioned Officers)
- Revision of Enhanced Rate of Ordinary Family Pension in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Forces Pensioners
- Defence Pension qualifying Service for JCO / OR and commissioned officers relaxed
- 7th Pay Commission Pension for Pre-2016 Railway Pensioners – Railway Board Order
- Revision of Casualty Pensionary awards in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Forces Pensioners
- Revision of Disability Pension and family Pension of Pre-2006 Pensioners
- Immediate settlement of Pending revision of pre-2006 pension cases in view of the impending 7th CPC Pension Revision.
- Revision of Service Element of Liberalized Disability Pension for Pre-2006 Pensioners
- Pre-2006 Pension Arrears Calculator – Pro-Rata to Full Pension for 10+ Years of Qualifying Service
- Revision of Pension of pre-2006 Pensioners with 10 Years of Service – CPAO allows revision
- De-linking 33 Years of service for Pre-2006 pensioners – Applicability for retirement after 10 years
- Revision of Casualty Pension for Pre-2006 Defence Pensioners
- Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service
- Revision of Casualty Pension for Pre-2006 Armed Force pensioners
- Pre-2006 Pensioners’ Qualifying Service delinked for full pension – Whether all benefited?
- Revision of Pre-2006 Pension – Upgradation of Posts subsequent to retirement
Source: BPS’s Website