Chances of implementation of 7th Pay Commission report in FY 2016-17 – Budget 2015 documents indicates
“7th Pay Commission impact may have to be absorbed in 2016-17” – Says Medium Term Fiscal Policy papers presented by Finance Minister
Budget 2015 documents such as Para 12 and 42 of Medium Term Fiscal Policy for further 3 years, and Para 23 of Fiscal Road Map indicate the Chances of implementation of 7th Pay Commission in the Financial Year 2016-17.
7th CPC was formed in February 2014 with the time of 18 months for submission of its report. We could also see that 7CPC is already in full swing in examining the pay structure and service conditions of various cadres of Central Government Employees, Railway Employees and Defence Services personnel.
It has conducted as many as 38 meetings with organisations that represent employees, servicemen and pensioners at many places in India. Oral evidences of leading federations such as Confederation of Central Government Employees, AIRF, NFIR etc are also to be recorded soon as possible. As such we may expect that 7th Pay Commission may submit its report in time. Sixth Pay Commission also submitted its report within stipulated time of 18 months
DA of central government employees has already crossed 100%. Previous Pay Commissions have merged entire DA with pre revised pay and also provided fitment benefit up to 40%. In these lines, we may expect that 7th CPC pay would be at least 2.5 times of Pre revised pay as on 01.01.2016. As DA rate would start at Nil rate once 7th Pay Commission is implemented, net increase in pay of Central Government Employees including Railways is expected to be 40%.
Considering the recent pay hike of 15% approved for Bank Employees in the recent Bipartite Wage Settlement which is due every four years, 40% pay hike for Central Government Employees can be rightly justified since their pay revision is due evey ten years.
While Govt is yet accept the 6th CPC’s recommendations for Performance Related Increment System (PRIS), 14th Finance Commission has recently recommended for productivity based Pay Fixation. In these circumstances it is up to 7th Pay Commission to moot out performance based pay fixation for Central Government Employees.
Check the following links for more information of 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scales – Amendment of Service / Recruitment Rules
- 7th Pay Commission – All you need to know about how States are stealing a march on Centre
- 7th Pay Commission – Centre asks Panjab University to bear 30% fiscal liability
- 7th Pay Commission CGHS recommendations implemented with effect from 1st February 2017
- 7th Pay Commission CGHS Recommendations on monthly subscription, eligibility of wards – Orders issued
- 7th Pay Commission – Pay Revision not to Directly apply to Autonomous bodies
- 7th Pay Commission – Resident doctors at Delhi Govt hospitals threaten mass leave
- 7th Pay Commission – Confederation of CG Employees hold mass dharna
- 7th Pay Commission News – Strange! – Election Commission’s Model Code of Conduct Prevents announcement of Allowances, but not the Budget
- 7th Pay Commission – Wait for the Allowances to be Announced – Till Completion of Polls in five States Assemblies
- 7th Pay Commission – Personally pained as Govt ignored genuine demands of the Employees – NJCA convenor Shiv Gopal Mishra
- 7th Pay Commission – एसबीआई ने रक्षा पेंशनभोगियों के लिए 3323 करोड़ रुपये जारी किए
- 7th Pay Commission: Top 2 developments before Budget 2017 raise hopes for Central government employees
- 7th Pay Commission: Wait for higher allowances gets longer, Central govt to pay bonanza after Budget 2017-18
- 7th Pay Commission – NFIR Reminds PM about Pension scheme, multiplier factor, Salary
- 7th Pay Commission – SBI Releases arrears for Veterans
- 7th Pay Commission – One Day Strike on 15th February 2017 – Notice Issued to the Cabinet Secretary on 29th Dec
- 7th Pay commission minimum pay and multiplication factor – NFIR takes up the issue before PM
- 7th Pay Commission – IDS II to fund Commission & PSB recapitalisation
- 7th Pay Commission Calculator after issue of Gazette Notification for implementation of 7th CPC