Last date of issue of Form 16 and Form 24Q for FY 2018-19 extended
Extension of the due date of filing of TDS statement in Form 24Q for FY 2018-19 upto 30th of June, 2019 and issue of TDS certificate in Form 16 upto 10th of July, 2019
Government of India/भारत सरकार
Ministry of Finance/वित्त मंत्रालय
Department of Revenue/(राजस्व विभाग)
Central Board of direct Taxes/(केन्द्रीय प्रत्यक्ष कर बोर्ड)
North Block,New Delhi
ORDER UNDER SECTION 119 OF THE INCOME-TAX ACT.1961
With a view to redress genuine hardship of deductors in timely filling of TDS statement in Form 24Q on account of revision of its format and consequent updating of the File Validation Utility for its online filling, the Central Board of Direct Taxes, In exercise of its powers under section 119 of the Income Tax Act, 1961, hereby –
(i) extends the due date of filing of TDS statement in Form 24Q for financial year 2018-19 from 31st of May, 2019 to 30th of June, 2019 and
(ii) extends the due date for issue of TDS certificate in Form 16 for financial year 2018-19 from 15th of June, 2019 to 10th of July, 2019.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
1) OSD to FM/PS to MOS (R )
2) PS to Secretary (Revenue)
3) Chairman (DT), All Members, Central Board of Direct Taxes
4) All Pr CCsIT/ Pr DsGIT/DsGIT/CCsIT
5) All Joint Secretaries/CsIT, CBDT
6) Shri Asish Aggarwal, Senior Director and Head Public Policy NASSCOM
7) ADG (PR, P&P) for necessary action.
8) Pr.DGIT (Systems), New Delhi, for appropriate change in the software of the System
9) The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, IP Estate, New Delhi-110002
10) CIT (Media), Official Spokesperson of CBDT.
11) Database Cell with a request to upload the order on the website www.irsofficersonline.gov.in
12) Webmanager, National Website ITD for uploading the Order on the website for wider publicity.
Under Secretary to the Govt of India