Declaring Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal extended till 30th April 2015
The formats Form II and Form IV i.e statements on movable properties and debts and liabilities respectively are to be revised and notified soon
Government Extended the last date for filing of Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act 2013 by Central Government Employees till 31st December 2014. But after representations from various quarters for amending the declaration format on safety / security reasons, DOPT has now extended the time limit for filing Declaration under Lokpal till 30th April 2015.
The latest Office Memorandum dated 25.12.2014 also indicates that the format of Form II and Form IV relating to movable properties and debts and liabilities respectively will be revised and notification to this effect will be issued by DOPT soon.
Click here to check the present format of Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act 2013
The full Text of the latest OM dated 25.12.2014 on this issue is given below.
Bharat Sarkar / Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
New Delhi, the 25th December, 2014
Subject: Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by Public Sevants under Section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 – Extension of last date for filling revised returns by public servants who have filed property returns under the existing service rules – regarding
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s D.O letter of even No. dated 8th September 2014 regarding the furnishing of information relating to assets and liabilities by public servants under section 44 of Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2014 and forwarding therewith copies of the Central Government’s Notification dated 8th September, 2014 containing
(a) amendment to the Lokpal & Lokayuktas (Removal of Difficulties) Order, 2014, for the purpose of extending the time limit for carrying out necessary changes in the relevant rules relating to different services from “two hundred and seventy days” to “three hundred and sixty days” from the date on which the Act came into force, i.e., 16th January, 2014 and
(b) the Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the Limits for Exemption of Assets in filing Returns) Amendment Rules, 2014, extending the time limit for filing for revised returns by all public servants from 15th September, 2014 to 31st December 2014.
2. In this regard, the undersigned is directed to convey that the last date for filing of revised returns by public servants under the rules indicated in para 1 (b) above has been extended by a period of four months, i.e., from 31st December 2014 to 30th April 2015. Formal Amendments to the Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the limits of Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) Rules, 2014 and to the Lokpal & Lokayuktas (Removal of Difficulties) Order, 2014 are being notified separately. The formats for submission of statements regarding movable properties (Form II) and for submission of statements regarding debts and liabilities (Form-IV) under the said rules are also being revised and will be notified as a part of amendments to the aforesaid rules. They will also be uploaded on the website of this Department i.e., http://persmin.nic.in/DOPT.asp.
3. All Ministries / Departments and cadre authorities are requested to kindly issue orders towards ensuring compliance with the revised Rules by all officers and staff in the respective Ministry / Department / Organisations / PSUs under their control, within the revised time-limit mentioned therein
(Joint Secretary of Government of India)
Section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 requires that all central government employees including Group C Employees to declare assets and liabilities of self, spouse and children in the prescribed form.
Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal is different from property declarations required to be filed by Group A and Group B Central Government Employees so far under existing service rules, in the following aspects
1. Only Immovable Property returns are required to be filed by Group A and Group B Employees every year. However, in the Declaration under Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act 2013, central government employees including Group C Employees should file information about immovable properties as well as movable properties. Liabilities of a central government employee would also come under purview of declaration under Lokpal.
2. Unlike filing of returns under existing service rules, Section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 requires that assets and liabilites of central government employee, his / her spouse and children have to to be declared
3. Apart from Group A and Group B Employees, Group C Employees of Central Government also have to declare assets and liabilities of self, spuse and childen.
Also check the following links to get all the details of Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by Central Government Employees under Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act 2013
- Lokpal (Court Master) Recruitment Rules, 2021
- Procedure for handling references received from Lokpal of India: CVC Circular
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal by Central Government Employees – No need for filing return now
- Lokpal return by Central Government Employees – July 31 deadline to be extended
- Filing of Lokpal return by Railway Employees – Last Date Extended
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal – last date extended – DOPT OM
- Filing of return under Lokpal by Central Government Employees – Last date extended to 31st July 2016
- Declaration of Assets under Lokpal Act – Last Date may be extended
- Filing of return under Lokpal on or before 15.04.2016 – DOPT latest instructions
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by IAS officers under Section 44 of the Lokpal Act
- Filing of return under Lokpal by CSS Officers on or before 15th April 2016
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal – Filing Returns before 15th April, 2016
- All Government Employees including Group C and D to file Annual Property Returns
- Extension of last date for filing Return under Lokpal by Railway Employees
- Amendment to Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act for extension of last date for filing declaration