Coverage under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 in place of NPS – DOP&PW Order dated 31.03.2021
Coverage under CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 of those CG Employees whose selection for appointment were finalized before 01.01.2004 but joined Government service on or after 01.01.2004 – DOP&PW Order
Government of India
Department of Pension and PW
Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi,
the 31st March, 2021
Subject: Coverage under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 of those Central Government employees whose selection for appointment were finalized before 01.01.2004 but joined Government service on or after 01.01.2004.
In continuation to this Department’s O.M of even number dated 17.02.2020 providing one-time option to Government servants for coverage under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 in place of National Pension System who were declared successful for recruitment in the results declared on or before 31.12.2003 against vacancies occurring before 01.01.2004 and are covered under the National Pension System on joining service on or after 01.01.2004.
2. The said Office Memorandum provides for cut off dates for various activities involved in the process of exercising of option, deciding representations by appointing authorities and closure of NPS accounts of the concerned Government servants.
3. In view of the country-wide lockdown in the country due to outbreak of Covid -19 pandemic and references received from some Ministries I Departments for extension of time schedule prescribed in the said OM, in partial modification of this Department’s OM of even number dated 17.02.2020, it has been decided to extend the above cut-off dates as under:
|S.No.||Activity||Last date mentioned in OM dated 17.02.2020||Revised last date|
|1.||Exercise of option by Government servant for coverage under old pension scheme||31.05.2020||31.05.2021|
|2.||Examination and decision on the representation by the appointing authority||30.09.2020||30.09.2021|
|3.||Closure of NPS accounts of Government servants on acceptance of their option||01.11.2020||01.11.2021|
4. There would be no change in the other terms and conditions mentioned m this Department’s M. dated 17.02.2020.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
- All Central Govt. Ministries / Departments.
- Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, North Block, New
- C&AG, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New
- Ministry of Railways, Railway Board, for information, New
- Department of Personnel and Training, North Block, New
- Department of Financial Services, Jeevan Deep Building, Parliament Street, New
- CGA, Department of Expenditure, INA, New
- AD(OL) for Hindi
- NIC for posting on the website of this
Also check the following links related to this topic: