DOPT orders for Revised Rates of Personal Pay for participating in sports events of national/international importance
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel,Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
New Delhi, 19th September, 2013.
Subject: Participation in sporting events and tournaments of national or international importance.
Consequent upon the implementation of the revised pay structure by the Government with effect from 1st January, 2006 on the basis of recommendation of the Sixth Central Pay Commission and partial modification of this Ministry’s O.M. No.6/1/97-Pay-l dated 8th August, 2001, the President is pleased to revise the special increment in the form of personal pay for excellence achieved in National and International events to double the existing amount of the personal pay, subject to a minimum of Rs.210/- per month as indicated in Column 7 of Annexure to this Office Memorandum in the same manner as done in the case of incentive for adopting small family norms.
2. The personal pay will be related to the Grade Pay corresponding to the post against which the employee concerned had initially earned or will earn the personal pay. All other terms and conditionsgoverning the grant of special increment shall remain unchanged.
3. The personal pay is to be granted from the first of the month following the month in which the sporting events are completed and will not count for any service matter like pay fixation onpromotion, retirement benefit or DA/CCA etc.
4. The revised rate shall be applicable prospectively from 1st September, 2013.
5. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Revised Rates of Personal Pay for participating in sports events of national/international importance with reference to Revised Pay Bands and Grade Pays for posts carrying present scales in Group ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ & ‘D’
Revised Pay Structure
Rate ofRevisedPersonal Pay
|Sl. No.||Post/Grade||Pre-revisedScale||Name of Pay Band/Scale||CorrespondingPay Bands/ Scales||Corresponding Grade Pay|
|17||NewScale||8000-275-13500(Group A Entry)||PB-3.||15600-39100||5400|