DA from January 2019 increased from 9% to 12% for Central Government Employees – Finance Ministry Order
DA from January 2019 – Dearness Allowance for Central Government Employees with effect from 1st January 2019 increased to 12% – Finance Ministry Order
As predicted DA from January 2019 was increased to 12% from 9% on the basis of DA Calculation method using All India Consumer Price Index for the period from January 2018 to December 2018. Finance Ministry’s Order to this effect is follows.
No. 1/1/2019-E-II (B)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 27th February, 2019.
Subject: Grant of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees – Revised Rates effective from 1.1.2019.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Office Memorandum No. 1/2/2018-E-II (B) dated 7″ September, 2018 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 9% to 12% of the basic pay with effect from 1°° January, 2019.
2. The term ‘basic pay’ in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Level in the Pay Matrix as per 7 CPC recommendations accepted by the Government, but does not include any other type of pay like special pay, etc.
3. The Dearness Allowance will continue to be a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay within the ambit of FR 9(21).
4. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded to the next higher rupee and the fractions of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
5. The payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance (from January to March) shall not be made before the date of disbursement of salary of March, 2019.
6. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defence Services Estimates. In respect of Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
7. In so far as the employees working in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders are issued with the concurrence of the Compi:r ler and Auditor General of India.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India