Reimbursement of cancellation/reschedule charges for air/train tickets booked for the purpose of LTC and relaxation of LTC advance due to COVID-19 pandemic: DOPT Clarification
No. 31011/1/2020-Estt (A.IV)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block, New Delhi-01
Dated: February 5, 2021
Subject:- Reimbursement of cancellation/reschedule charges for air/train tickets booked for the purpose of LTC and relaxation of LTC advance due to COVID-19 pandemic- clarification reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to para 3(i1) of DoPT’s O.M. of even no. dated 7 January, 2021 on the subject noted above vide which it was communicated that:
In cases where the airlines have kept the refund amount in ‘Credit Shell’, Ministries /Departments may extend the period of repayment of LTC advance taken by the Government servant for LTC journey scheduled during the lockdown period(March-May,2020), till 28.02.2021 or till such time the amount in ‘Credit Shell’ is utilised by the Government servant to perform LTC journey, whichever is earlier.
2. In this regard, it is clarified that the employees who were eligible to perform LTC journey in 2020 as per LTC Rules, but could not perform the LTC journey during the lockdown period (March-May, 2020) and whose refund amount has been kept in ‘Credit Shell’ by the airlines, are allowed to perform their LTC journey till 28.02.2021, and such LTC shall be counted against the block year applied for. This shall also apply in cases of fresh recruits who are entitled to LTC every year for the initial block of eight years.
3. Hindi Version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
All Ministries/Departments of Government of India
(As per the standard list)
1. Comptroller & Auditor General of India, New Delhi.
2. Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi.
3. Central Vigilance Commission, New Delhi.
4. Central Bureau of Investigations, New Delhi.
2. Parliament Library, New Delhi.
6. All Union Territory Administrations.
7. Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
8. All attached and Subordinate Offices of Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions.
9. Hindi Section for Hindi Version
Also check the following links related to this topic: