Amended Special Provision under Part B of KVS Admission Guidelines 2022-23 duly approved by competent authority of KVS: Office Memorandum dated 25.04.2022
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
An Autonomous Body Under Ministry of Education, Govt. of India
Address-18, Institutional Area, S.J. Marg, New Delhi 0110016.
The amended Special Provision under Part B of KVS Admission Guidelines 2022-23 duly approved by competent authority of KVS are hereby notified as follows:-
Following categories of children would be admitted over and above the class strength except where stated otherwise in the provision itself.
- Each Directorate of education of Armed Forces i.e. Army, Air Force, Navy and Coast Guards can recommend maximum 06 names for admission of children of their Defence Personnel in an academic year in Kendriya Vidyalayas located in Defence Sector except classes X and XII. These admissions would be over and above the class strength and other than Part A Para 5 of KVS admission guidelines & would be done on the orders issued by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. (Up to 31st August).
- Children of serving KVS employees. The Children of the serving employees of KVS (Kendriya Vidyalayas, Regional Offices, ZIETs and KVS (HQ) will be considered for admission at any time of the year irrespective of the class strength/year of transfer/recruitment. However, for class IX, the child has to clear the admission test (The Officials/Officers who come on deputation to KVS their wards should also be treated at par with regular KVS employees). No admission would be given to wards of retired persons.
- Children of Central Government employees who die in harness. Pension papers/letter issued by Controlling Authority will be taken as proof.
- Children of recipients of Paramveer Chakra, Mahavir Chakra, Veer Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Kirti Chakra & Shourya Chakra, Sena Medal (Army), Nausena Medal (Navy), Vayu Sena Medal (Air Force).
- Children of recipients of President’s Police medal for gallantry & Police medal for gallantry.
- Meritorious sports children who have secured I, II & III position in SGFI/CBSE/National/State level games organized by the Government.
- Recipients of Rashtrapati Puraskar in Scouts & Guides.
- Single girl children in class I and from class VI onwards subject to a maximum of two per section in class I and two per class in class VI and onwards. It includes twin girl children also.
- In case of twin girls, it will be treated as one admission.
- While drawing the lot, name of both girls (twin) should be written on a single slip/inter linked.
- In case of single girl child (including twin girl children), if number of applications are more than the number of allotted seats i.e. maximum of 02 per section in class I and 02 per class in class VI and onwards, the admission should be granted on the basis of the Priority Category. If in one category more applications are made, all such applications should be taken together and the list of selected candidates should be prepared through draw of lots.
- Children who are recipients of National Bravery Award, or of Balshree Award instituted by National Bal Bhawan.
- Children who have shown special talent in Fine Arts and have been recognized at the National or State level.
- 60 admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas located anywhere in India and 15 admissions in hostels of Kendriya Vidyalayas, would be granted to employees of Ministry of External Affairs each year, by orders of KVS (HQ).These would be regulated as follows: –
- 60 admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas located anywhere in India be utilized exclusively for children returning from abroad along with their parents after their posting in current or previous year and would be considered for admission up to 30th November. All these admissions will be subject to the condition that not more than 5 children would be admitted in one school in a year and that the children would be submitting a transfer certificate of a school abroad, in which they had been studying prior to seeking admission in a KV.
- 15 seats for admission in hostels in Kendriya Vidyalayas would be allotted to the children whose parents are going abroad on a posting to station, which does not have adequate educational facilities. The required information in this respect would need to be given by the Ministry of External Affairs (up to 30th November).
- 15 children of the employees of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) would be admitted on orders to be issued by the KVS Hqrs. Of these, a maximum of 5 seats would be given in Delhi and the remaining would be outside Delhi. (up to 30th June)
- Children orphaned due to Covid-19 pandemic will be considered for admission over and above the class strength under PM CARES for Children Scheme. The admission will be done on the basis of list given by District Magistrate of the concerned District subject to 10 children per KV and maximum 02 children per class. These children will be exempted from payment of fees (Tuition fee, Computer fund, and VVN) from Classes I to XII.
- 50 admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas for wards of Group –B & C employees of Central Police Organisations, that is, CRPF, BSF, ITBP, SSB, CISF, NDRF, and Assam Rifles under Ministry of Home Affairs, posted for internal security, border guarding, disaster response and other difficult areas based on list provided by the MHA
- Admissions of wards of Kashmir Migrants will be given as per the following conditions:
- Extension of date of admission for 30 days.
- Relaxation in cut off percentage will be as applicable to SC/ST candidates subject to minimum eligibility requirement.
- Admissions will be given over and above class strength.
This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
(B K Behera)
Deputy Commissioner (Acad)