Dates for filing Annual IPR and Return under Lokpal Act in 2015
Dates for filing Annual IPR and Return under Lokpal Act in 2015 – IPR to be filed on or before 31.01.2015 – Return as on 01.08.2014 under Lokpal to be filed on or before 30.04.2015
Return under Lokpal as on 31.03.2015 to be filed on or before 31.07.2015
F. No. 11013/3/2014-Estt.(A)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi – 110001
Dated January 16 , 2015
Subject: Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964 – Filing of annual Immovable Property Returns – regarding
The undersigned is directed to state that as per various notifications issued by this Department, relating to the Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Returns of Assets and Liabilities and the Limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013, the public servant who has filed declaration, information and annual returns of property under the provision of the rules applicable to such public servant, should file the declaration, information and return indicating his/her assets and liabilities, as on 01.08.2014, to the competent authority on or before, 30.04.2015. The notifications are available on the Department’s website at www.persmin.nic.in/Lokpal_HomePage_From_CCIS.asp
2. The Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964, are being amended to align them with the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013. Presently, as per the Rule 18(1)(ii) of the Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964, every Government servant belonging to any service or holding any post included in Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ is required to submit an annual return regarding the immovable property inherited/ owned/ acquired/ held on lease or mortgage either in his own name or in the name of any family member or in the name of any other person.
3. It has, inter-alia, been clarified by this Department vide Office Memorandum No. 407/12/2014-AVD-IV(B) dated 13.01.2015 that the requirement of filing returns regarding assets and liabilities under the Lokpal Act is in addition to, and not in supersession of the requirement of filing similar returns under the existing Conduct Rules. In view of this, all Government Servants may be directed as follows:
(i) The annual Immovable Property Return, as on 31.12.2014, under the existing CCS(Conduct) Rules, 1964 is required to be filed on or before 31.01.2015;
(ii) The first return under the Lokpal Act (as on 01.08.2014) should be filed on or before 30.04.2015; and
(iii) The next annual return under the Lokpal Act, for the year ending 31.03.2015 should be filed on or before 31.07.2015.
4. It is, therefore, requested that all concerned may be suitably advised to file the Immovable Property Returns (IPRs) and the return under the Lokpal Act as per the dates indicated above, Further, in accordance with the instruction contained in this Department’s Office Memorandum No. 11013/3/2011-Estt.A dated 11.04.2011, IPRs (to be submitted by 31st January of each year) shall be placed in public domain by 31st March of that year. A compliance report in respect of the IPRs filed by Group ‘A’ Officers of the Central Civil Services, as on 31.01.2015, may please be furnished to this Department by 30.04.2015.
5. Similar action may kindly be taken by the authorities controlling services not covered by the Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Check the following articles for all details relating to Filing of Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal
- Amendment to Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act for extension of last date for filing declaration
- Lokpal regulations for Central Govt Employees – Parliament Committee to hear views
- Lokpal Return to be filed by Cental Government Employees – Last Date Extended
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal : Can we expect another extension ?
- Declaration of assets and liabilities under Lokpal – latest instruction of DOPT
- Lokpal return to be filed without waiting for last date
- Return under Lokpal by CSS Officers – Need for early submission
- Timeline for filing Return of Asset and Liabilities under Lokpal
- Asset and Liablities Return under CCS Conduct Rules and Lokpal
- Declaration under Lokpal by CSS Officers online on or before 15th October 2015
- Last Date for Lokpal Return by Central Government Employees notified
- Filing of Declaration by all Central Govt Employees under Lokpal – FAQ issued by DOPT
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by All India Service Officers under Lokpal – DOPT Instructions to States
- Amendment to Lokpal Removal of Difficulties order, 2015
- Notification extending last date for Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal