Timeline for filing Return of Asset and Liabilities under Lokpal
Last Date for filing Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by all Central Government Employees under Lokpal is 15th October 2015 – DOPT letter to all Ministries and Government Departments
Jishnu Barua, IAS
Joint Secretary (S&Vig.-II )
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL & TRAINING
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES
NORTH BLOCK, NEW DELHI – 110001
D.O. No. 407/12/2014-AVD-IN(B) Part.I Dated: the 30th July, 2015
Kindly refer to my D.O. letter of even number dated 30th April, 2015 regarding furnishing of information relating assets and liabilities by Public Servants under provisions of Section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 and forwarding therewith copies of the Government of India Notifications dated 27th April, 2015.Returns for Central Government Employees
2. In this regard, I am now forwarding herewith a copy of the Government of India Notification dated 03rd July, 2015, further amending the Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Returns of Assets and Liabilities and Limits for Exemption of Assets in filing Returns) Amendment Rules, 2015.
3. In view of the aforesaid notification of Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Returns of Assets and Liabilities and Limits for Exemption of Assets in filing Returns) Second Amendment Rules, 2015, the timelines for filing of returns/declarations, specific to different years, by public servants under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013, are as follows:
a. the first return (as on 1st August, 2014) [as was initially required to be filed by 15th September, 2014] can now be filed by 15th October, 2015.
b. the annual return (as on 31st March, 2015) [as was initially required to be filed by 31st July, 2015], can now be filed by 15th October, 2015.
c. the subsequent annual returns (as on 31st March of each year) are required to be filed by 31st July of that year.
4. In view of the above, I would like to request you to kindly bring the above mentioned position to the notice of all concerned and to issue orders towards ensuring compliance with these rules by all officers/staff in your Ministry/Department and organisations/PSUs under the control of your Ministry/Department.
With kind regards,
Checkout article links for instructions and forms issued by DOPT for filing of Declaration of assets and liabilities under Lokpal
- Amendment to Lokpal Removal of Difficulties order, 2015
- Notification extending last date for Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal
- Draft FAQ on Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act 2013 by Central Government Employees
- Declaration of assets and liabilities under Lokpal by Railway Employees – Last Date extended
- How to file Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal online ?
- Download Lokpal forms in word and Excel format for filing Return before 30th April
- Declaration under LOKPAL by CSS Officers – Filing of Return in 2015
- Declaration Assets and Liabilities under LOKPAL – Clarification on Format
- Declaration of Assets under Lokpal – DOPT Instructions
- Dates for filing Annual IPR and Return under Lokpal Act in 2015
- Both APR / IPR and Declaration under Lokpal to be filed till Conduct Rules are amended
- Asset and Liabilities Declaration by CSS Officers
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal by CSSS and CSCS Employees – Last Date Extended
- Government to amend Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act
- Assets and liabilities under Lokpal – Revised Format Notified
- Declaring Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal extended till 30th April 2015
- Declaration of Assets under Lokpal – Latest Developments
- Declaration of Assets by CSS Cadre Officers – Time Extended
- Time Limit for Declaration under Lokpal Extended – DOPT letter to Ministries
- Time extended for Declaration of Assets under Lokpal till 31st December 2014
- Declaration of Assets under Lokpal – All Group A, B and C employees to file – DOPT Clarification
- Declaration of assets and liabilities under Lokpal by CSSS Cadre and CSCS Cadre – DOPT Instructions
- Declaration of Assets under LOKPAL – Format released by DOPT
- Lokpal – Employees to declare Assets on or before 15th September 2014
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal Act – Time Extended