Timeline for filing Return of Asset and Liabilities under Lokpal
Last Date for filing Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by all Central Government Employees under Lokpal is 15th October 2015 – DOPT letter to all Ministries and Government Departments
Jishnu Barua, IAS
Joint Secretary (S&Vig.-II )
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL & TRAINING
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES
NORTH BLOCK, NEW DELHI – 110001
D.O. No. 407/12/2014-AVD-IN(B) Part.I Dated: the 30th July, 2015
Kindly refer to my D.O. letter of even number dated 30th April, 2015 regarding furnishing of information relating assets and liabilities by Public Servants under provisions of Section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 and forwarding therewith copies of the Government of India Notifications dated 27th April, 2015.Returns for Central Government Employees
2. In this regard, I am now forwarding herewith a copy of the Government of India Notification dated 03rd July, 2015, further amending the Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Returns of Assets and Liabilities and Limits for Exemption of Assets in filing Returns) Amendment Rules, 2015.
3. In view of the aforesaid notification of Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Returns of Assets and Liabilities and Limits for Exemption of Assets in filing Returns) Second Amendment Rules, 2015, the timelines for filing of returns/declarations, specific to different years, by public servants under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013, are as follows:
a. the first return (as on 1st August, 2014) [as was initially required to be filed by 15th September, 2014] can now be filed by 15th October, 2015.
b. the annual return (as on 31st March, 2015) [as was initially required to be filed by 31st July, 2015], can now be filed by 15th October, 2015.
c. the subsequent annual returns (as on 31st March of each year) are required to be filed by 31st July of that year.
4. In view of the above, I would like to request you to kindly bring the above mentioned position to the notice of all concerned and to issue orders towards ensuring compliance with these rules by all officers/staff in your Ministry/Department and organisations/PSUs under the control of your Ministry/Department.
With kind regards,
Checkout article links for instructions and forms issued by DOPT for filing of Declaration of assets and liabilities under Lokpal
- Appoint Lokpal at earliest, no need to wait for better law – SC to Centre
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal by Central Government Employees – No need for filing return now
- Centre exempts spouse, children of govt employees from declaring assets under Lokpal
- Lokpal Declaration By Central Government Employees – Last Date Extended Up To 31st Dec
- Lokpal return by Central Government Employees – July 31 deadline to be extended
- Filing of Lokpal return by Railway Employees – Last Date Extended
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal – last date extended – DOPT OM
- Filing of return under Lokpal by Central Government Employees – Last date extended to 31st July 2016
- Declaration of Assets under Lokpal Act – Last Date may be extended
- Filing of return under Lokpal on or before 15.04.2016 – DOPT latest instructions
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by IAS officers under Section 44 of the Lokpal Act
- Filing of return under Lokpal by CSS Officers on or before 15th April 2016
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal – Filing Returns before 15th April, 2016
- All Government Employees including Group C and D to file Annual Property Returns
- Lokpal Return by Railway Employees – Last Date Extended
- Extension of last date for filing Return under Lokpal by Railway Employees
- Amendment to Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act for extension of last date for filing declaration
- Lokpal regulations for Central Govt Employees – Parliament Committee to hear views
- Lokpal Return to be filed by Cental Government Employees – Last Date Extended
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal : Can we expect another extension ?
- Declaration of assets and liabilities under Lokpal – latest instruction of DOPT
- Lokpal return to be filed without waiting for last date
- Return under Lokpal by CSS Officers – Need for early submission
- Asset and Liablities Return under CCS Conduct Rules and Lokpal
- Declaration under Lokpal by CSS Officers online on or before 15th October 2015