Corona Virus related Advisory for CGHS Wellness Centres
CGHS Wellness Centres will need to check-up CGHS Beneficiary entering with raised Temperature
Corona Virus Infection related Advisory for CGHS Wellness Centres – Steps to be taken by CMO and other staff at CGHS Wellness Centres when CGHS Beneficiary entering the Wellness Centre
List of 170 Districts in India declared as Hotspot districts – MHA relaxation such as functioning of Central Government offices with 33% staff strength will not apply to these Districts
Any CGHS beneficiary with raised temperature shall be directed to Fever Clinic without registration. Registration number is generated in the module of the Medical Officer of Fever Clinic. The beneficiary shall be examined by the designated Doctor in the Fever Clinic and if there is suspicion of COVID-19 Infection, the beneficiary shall be referred to the Local Health Centre notified for the COVID-19 by the State Government /Local Authorities and intimate the concerned Authorities.
Govt. of India
Min. of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
545-A Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
Dated the 15th April, 2020
Subject: Advisory in view of the Corona Virus (COVID-19) Infection- Guidelines to be followed at CGHS Wellness Centres/Units.
In view of the Corona Virus Disease(COVID-19) , all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. Guidelines for maintaining social distancing between individuals have already been issued by the Government. In the spirit of above the under signed is directed to enclose the following guidelines to be followed at CGHS Wellness Centres/ Units in view of the COVID-19 infection:
- The CMO in Charge of the Wellness Centres shall keep themselves updated with the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare through the official Website of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and CGHS and disseminate the correct information to the staff as well as CGHS beneficiaries.
- CMO in charge in consultation with Addl. Director shall procure the protective gear for the staff like Face Masks, Gloves, sanitizer, etc., CMO in charge shall ensure their availability and ensure that they are used rationally.
- Separate Fever Clinic shall be organized at Wellness Centres within the constraints of resources and One Medical Officer shall be designated specifically for the fever clinic for 14 days by rotation. He/She shall not examine any other patients. He/She shall be provided with Protective gear like Face cover, Gloves, N-95 Masks, etc., Prophylaxis with Hydroxy-Chloroquin (HCQ) as per the guidelines of MoHFW shall be provided.
- Every CGHS beneficiary entering Wellness Centre shall be screened with Thermal Scanner by the MTS/ Security Staff.
- Any CGHS beneficiary with raised temperature shall be directed to Fever Clinic without registration. Registration number is generated in the module of the Medical Officer of Fever Clinic. The beneficiary shall be examined by the designated Doctor in the Fever Clinic and if there is suspicion of COVID-19 Infection, the beneficiary shall be referred to the Local Health Centre notified for the COVID-19 by the State Government /Local Authorities and intimate the concerned Authorities.
- CMO in charge shall maintain the contact numbers of Nodal Centre for COVID-19 cases and the Local Public health authorities.
- Those who are performing duty in the Fever clinic shall be provided Prophylaxis with Hydroxy-Chloroquin (HCQ) as per the guidelines of MoHFW.
- CMO in charge shall procure requisite quantity of Hydroxy Chloroquin (HCQ) in the Wellness Centre and shall ensure that the drug is used strictly as per the guidelines of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- In case of any confirmed case of COVID-19 Positive case ,CMO in Charge shall arrange for sanitization in co-operation with Local Health Authorities.
Addl. Directors, CGHS of Cities/Zones shall take necessary action to ensure the implementation of the guidelines.
(Dr. Sanjay Jain)
AD(HQ)/ Addl.DDG(HQ), CGHS /All Additional Directors, CGHS Cities/Zones /
MSD/ Nodal Officer, CGHS(MCTC)
All CMOs i/c of CGHS Wellness Centres though the concerned Addl. Director.
Copy for information to
Advisor, CGHS, MoHFW
PPS to SS& DG, CGHS, MoHFW
PPS to JS(AS), MoHFW
Under Secretary (Admin.), CGHS