Ad-Hoc Bonus And Special Festival Allowance 2017-18 To State Government Employees And Pensioners – Kerala G.O
GOVERNMENT OF KERALA
AD-HOC BONUS AND SPECIAL FESTIVAL ALLOWANCE 2017-18 TO STATE GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND PENSIONERS – SANCTIONED – ORDERS ISSUED.
Dated, Thiruvananthapuram, 08/08/2018
Read:- G.0.(P)No.107/2017/Fin dated 16.08.2017.
Government are pleased to sanction Ad hoc Bonus/ Special Festival Allowance to the State Government Employees, Employees of Aided Educational Institutions, Full-time Contingent Employees and other categories of Staff subject to the conditions specified in thfs order.
Ad hoc Bonus
- All State Government employees ( including Personal Staff of Ministers, Speaker, Deputy Speaker, Leader of the Opposition and Chief Whip), All India Service Officers working in connection with the affairs. of the State, Employees of the Aided.Educational Institutions, Staff of the Local Bodies and Employees of Panchayat Raj Institutions etc. drawing total emoluments upto and including 25,000/- in the pre-revised scale and 26,000/- in the revised scale of pay as on 31.03.2018 will be paid Ad hoc Bonus @ 4,000/- for the year 2017-18 before the ensuing Onam Festival Subject to the following conditions.
(i) For those drawing emoluments of more than 4,000/- per month and not exceeding 25,000/- ( pre-revised scale), 26,000/- ( revised scale) per month, the Ad hoc Bonus will be calculated as if the emoluments were 4,000/- per month. In the case of those who have opted to come over to the revised scales of pay on or before 31.03.2018, the term “emoluments” means Basic pay, Personal Pay, Special Pay, Special Allowance, Personal Allowance and Dearness Allowance at 15% of the basic pay in the revised scale, excluding House Rent Allowance and other Compensatory Allowances.
(ii) In the case of employees remaining in pre-revised scale, the term “emoluments” means the same as (i) above in all other respects except that the DA will be 112% of the Basic Pay in the pre-revised scale excluding House Rent’ Allowance and Compensatory Allowances.
(iii) The personal Allowance sanctioned to protect drop in Dearness Allowance in Special *Pay will also be reckoned as emoluments for computing Ad hoc Bonus in such cases.
(iv) In the case of employees who were on leave without allowance, half pay leave, study leave or leave not due during the month of March 2017, their Ad hoc Bonus will be calculated based on the emoluments last drawn by them before proceeding on leave.
(v) The rate of Dearness Allowance. for the purpose of this order will be that sanctioned vide G.O. (P)No.84/2018/Fin dated 07/06/2018.
- The Ad hoc Bonus/Special Festival Allowance will be admissible to such employees who were in service on 31.03.2018 and have atleast 6 months continuous service during the financial year 2017-18. Those who have retired or even relieved from service on or before 31.03.2018 and had put in 6 months continuous service during the financial year 2017-18 will also be eligible for Ad hoc Bonus/ Special Festival Allowance as the case may be.
- Regular employees who were under suspension during the whole, or part of the Financial Year 2017-18 will be eligible for Ad hoc Bonus/ Special Festival Allowance, provided they have been reinstated in service on or before the date of issue of this order and the period of suspension is regularised as duty or eligible leave and have drawn full salary for that period.
- The following categories will also be eligible to receive Ad hoc Bonus.
(i) The NMR and permanent workers/ labourers and seasonal workers of all Departments including those working in Agricultural farms, Seed farms, Regional Workshop etc. ( for calculation of Ad hoc Bonus variable Dearness Allowance will also be taken into account in the case of employees drawing variable Dearness Allowance).
(ii) Provisional Employees who have at least 6 months continuous service during the financial year 2017-18 and got regular appointments in Government service through the S.0 without service break and aided school Teachers got regular appointment in Government school, provided they were in service as on 31.03.2018.
(iii) Part-time Teachers of Education Department who are drawing pay in a scale of pay.
(iv) In the case of Government Employees who are working in Corporations/ Public Sector Undertakings or Boards on deputation during 2017-18 and if their service in the parent department was more than six months, the Ad hoc Bonus/Special Festival Allowance admissible will be drawn and disbursed by the foreign employer in relaxation of para 3 above.
(v) Part-time Contingent Employees including those working in aided educational Institutions.
(vi) The employees of Government Presses will be given option either to draw Bonus as admissible to other Government employees as per these orders or the performance allowance ( including ex-gratia allowance’ if any) payable to industrial workers as usual. No revision of options will be allowed if the employee exercises any one of the above options.
Special Festival Allowance
6. The following categories of employees who are not eligible to draw bonus will be paid Special Festival Allowance @ Rs. 2,750/-:
(i) Who are not eligible to draw Ad hoc Bonus in terms of para -2 to 5 above are eligible for Special Festival Allowance.
(ii) Allregular/temporary employees including personal staff of Ministers, Speaker, Deputy Speaker, Leader of the Opposition and Chief Whip and who joined service after Onam holidays of 2017, and who are in service on the date of issue of this order and all regular P.S.0 hands who joined duty before fourth Onam of 2018.
(iii). Teachers deputed for training from Aided/Government Schools who are eligible for Onam Advance under Article 250 of the Kerala Financial Code Volume I.
(iv).Re-employed Pensioners on re-employment pay.
(v).Employees on contract appointments/ Senior residents ( Doctors in bonded service) who have six months service during 2017-18 and relieved before the issuance of this order are eligible for this benefit. Contract employees who are in service on the date of issuance of this order are also eligible for festival allowance.
(vi) Provisional hands recruited through Employment Exchange who are in service on the day before the First Onam ( 24.08.2018) but whose service are not terminated before the Fourth Onam (27.08.2018) irrespective of their length of service.
(vii) All the teaching and non-teaching staff of Aided Anglo-Indian Schools which have not been brought under the direct payment system.
(viii) Staff of the Sree Chithra home.
(ix) Honorary Physicians of Government Ayurveda Colleges.
(x) Honorary Sisters in Government Hospitals.
(xi) Chainmen of the Revenue Department on daily wages.
(xii) Permanent labourers in Government Departments.
(Xiii) Full-time Contingent employees in Government Department, Local Bodies and the contract employees of Kerala House, New Delhi. Those who have put in 6 months continuous service on 31.03.2018 will have option to claim either Ad hoc Bonus or Special Festival Allowance.
(xiv) Editor and Reporters of Indian Law Reports (Kerala Series )
(xv) Government Pleaders and Additional Government Pleaders.
- The following categories of Staff will be paid Special Festival Allowance @ Rs. 1,210/-.
(i) Pollination workers who are in the list of Agriculture Department and the workers under the scheme of spraying to control leaf rot disease of coconut palms implemented through Panchayat/Municipalities/ Corporations who are on the rolls of Agriculture Department and are now employed by Local Bodies under instructions from the Agriculture Department.
(ii) Cattle improvement Assistants in the Dairy Development Department.
(iii) Public Counsel
(iv) Life Guards of Tourism Department/Home Guards of the Home Department who are on daily wages.
(v) Family planning Voluntary Workers who have worked at least 30 days during the period from the last Onam holidays to the ensuing Onam holidays and part-time contingent employees on daily wages recruited from the category of Family Planning Voluntary Promoters of Trained Dais.
(vi) Scheduled Tribes Promoters working in the Scheduled Tribes Development Department and Scheduled Caste Promoters working in the Scheduled Caste Development Department.
(vii) Employees on daily wages who are in service before the first Onam (i.e. 08.2018) and whose services are not terminated before the Fourth Onam (i.e. 27.08.2018).
(viii) Persons acting as substitutes in the place of regular employees in Government Departments, Farms and Local Bodies and the Casual Labourers/CLR Workers including those in Irrigation Department/H.R.Workers of Irrigation Department, provided they have put in 30 days work during the last one year beginning from the last Onam holidays to the ensuing Onam holidays. However,. those who have put in a minimum of 200 days work during the period will be eligible for 30 days wages as Adhoc Bonus. Those who have put in less than 200 days work but more than 30 days work shall be eligible for Ad hoc Bonus proportionate to the days worked by them subject to a minimum of 1,210/-. In the case of Casual workers, CLR workers and HR workers who have been regularized in service, the period of eligibility as indicated above will also include the period of their service before regularization. ‘However, the maximum admissible Ad hoc BOnus is 4,000/-.
(ix) Non regularized CLR and HR workers who have put in a minimum of 30 days work between the last Onam holidays and ensuing Onam holidays.
(x) The volunteers of Attappady Hill Area Development Society.
(xi) Guest Lecturers/Instructors in Educational Institutions who have worked at least 200 hours during the financial year 2017-18.
(xii) The patient employees of the Leprosy Hospitals.
- The following categories of employees will be paid Special Festival Allowance @ Rs. 1,200/,
(i) Asha Workers.
(ii) The Anganwadi/ Balawadi teachers, workers under the Social Justice Department, Rural Development Department, Scheduled Caste Development Department and Scheduled Tribe Development Departments.
(iii) Anganwadi/ Balawadi Helpers and Ayas.
(iv) Special messengers of Women Protection Officers of Mahila Samakhya Society.
(v) Kishori Shakthi Yojana School Counsellors.
(vi) Nurses in Palliative care.
(vii) Teachers and other Employees in Buds School.
- The following categories of employees will be paid Special Festival Allowance at the rates noted against each
(i) Teachers and Ayahs of Peripatetic Schools and Single Teacher Schools 1,300/-
(ii) Noon feeding workers in schools ( including Pre-primary schools run by PTA s) 1,300/-
(iii) School Counsellors 1,140/-
(iv) Additional Staff of MLAs 1,100/-
(v) Teachers and Ayahs of Pre-primary schools run by PTAs 1,100/-
(vi) Preraks and Assistant Preraks 1,000/-
(vii) The conveners of Balawadi/Anganwadi and Feeding Conveners of the upgraded regular feeding centres of the Rural Development Department. 1,000/-
(viii) Sweepers on consolidated remuneration 1,000/-
(ix) The Kashaya servants of Ayurveda Dispensaries 1,000/-
(x) Teaching and Non-teaching staff of Special School. 1,000/-
(xi) Teachers in Fashion Designing & Garment Technology Institutions under the control of Technical Education Dept. 1,100/-
- The following categories of Pensioners will be paid Special Festival Allowance @ 1,000/-.
(i) Service Pensioners who are not eligible for Bonus or Festival Allowance as indicated in para 3 and 6.
(ii) Family Pensioners
(iii) Pro-rata Pensioners
(iv) Pro-rata Family Pensioners
(v) Ex-gratia Pensioners
(vi) Ex-gratia Family Pensioners
(vii) Part-time Contingent Pensioners
(viii) Part-time Contingent Family Pensioners
(ix) Personal staff Pensioners
(x) Family Pensioners of Personal Staff
(xi) Compassionate Allowance Pensioners
(xii) Retired Leprosy Patient Employees
(xiii) Invalid Pensioners
(xiv) UGC Pensioners
(xv) UGC Family Pensioners
Note:- The Special Festival Allowance under any one of the above schemes alone will be paid, if a pensioner comes within the purview of Para (i) to (xv) above.
- The Categories of employees mentioned below will not be eligible to receive Ad hoc Bonus/ Special Festival Allowance.
(i) Those who are eligible for bonus, ex-gratia or such other payments and being governed by any other Bonus Act/ Act.
(ii) Those who were on leave without allowance as per Appendix 12 of KSR as on 31″ March 2018 to take up employment abroad or within India or to join their spouses.
- The Ad hoc Bonus/ Special Festival Allowance should be drawn before 31.03.2019. The expenditure will be debited to the head of account from which the pay and allowances/wages/pension of the individual concerned is drawn. In the case of employees of Local Bodies, the expenditure on account of the payment of Ad hoc Bonus/ Special Festival Allowance will be met from the funds of the respective Local bodies.
- Payment of Ad hoc bonus/ Special Festival Allowance for 2017-18 in the case of employees and pensioners will be made with effect from 14.08.2018.
By order of the Governor
Principal Secretary (Finance)