One Rank One Pension – Voice of ESM Society met Defence Minister on 6th October 2015
Voice of ESM Society met Defence Minister on 6th – Minster responded that the same will be part of 7th Pay commission, where as our stand was to treat it as part of 6th Pay commission – Our Stand is the we will explore both legal and agitational modes to fight for our right.
Voice of ex-servicemen society team met Hon. Defence Minister, Mr.Manohar Parrikar and the following are the discussions and responses :
- We raised the issue of VRS and sought clarification – Minister clarified that the issue was not never related to Jawan JCOs, it pertains to officers only.
- On revision of of Pension every 5 Years, Minister explained that Army has agreed for the same in writing so there is no change possible.
- We raised issues of group wise segregation of pension for Jawans, which is not paret of the definition of OROP as passed by parliament. In our argument, we brought out that Officers both technical and non technical get same pension, why discriminate for jawans – Minister said that other officer organisation accepted this division of Group X and Y. Also it would further cost 600 cr. to club them together. Hence not possible to club them at this point. – Our response is we will continue and intensify our fight.
- We raised equal MSP and 75% pension issues – Minster responded that the same will be part of 7th Pay commission, where as our stand was to treat it as part of 6th Pay commission – Our Stand is the we will explore both legal and agitational modes to fight for our right.
- Various other discrimination issues: We raised other discrimination issues like sevadari system, CSD and Reservations for officers in all DGR posts.- Minister responded that we can have more detailed meeting on these issues at a future date.
Over all, Voice of ESM Society, considers this meeting as path breaking and a giant step towards elimination of discrimination. Though no immediate results neither expected nor assured – we believe this progress will take Jawan JCO issues to fore front and policy makers ‘ agenda.
Kindly note that in a reliable video I learnt that it was Def Min who made the noting that other Paramilitary personnel could ask ‘OROP’ in the file sent to PM.
It is evident that COAS and Def Min are not innocent as made out to be.
We need to get the notification on OROP and file a writ in SC for all deficiencies in it.
With best regards,
(Lt Cdr PS Nath, Hyderabad)
Source (Extract, NO change made in the text): Ex-Servicemen Welfare