Delay in Payment of Pension to Defence Pensioners / Family Pensioners
PCDA Circular 203 – Delay in payment of pension to Defence Pensioners / Family Pensioners by the Pension Disbursing Agencies.
O/o the principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions)
Draupadighat, Allahabad – 211014
Circular No. 203
01. The Chief Accountant, RBI Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East, Mumbai-400051
02. The Director of Treasuries of all State……………
03. The Manager CPPC of Public Sector Banks including IDBI
04. The CDA (PD) Meerut
05. The CDA, Chennai
06. The Nodal Officers (ICICI/AXIS/HDFC Bank)….
07. The Pay & Accounts Officer……………
08. The Military. & Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
09. The D.P.D.O…………………….
10.Post Master, Kathua (J & K) and Camp Bell Bay
Sub: Delay in payment of pension to Defence Pensioners/Family Pensioners by the Pension Disbursing Agencies.
The payment of pension to Defence (including Defence civilian) pensioners/family pensioners is disbursed by Pension Disbursing Agencies (PDAs) as per instructions contained in Defence Pension Payment Instructions (DPPI), 2013. Any other order issued by the Government affecting in disbursement of pension are also supplied to the PDAs through circulars for timely & correct implementation.
However, some of the issues have been highlighted in the 30th Standing Committee of Voluntary Agencies (SCOVA) meeting held on 23/03/2018 under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Minister of State (PP) and accordingly our HQrs office i.e. CGDA, New Delhi has instructed to this office to issue suitable guidelines on the following issues to the PDAs disbursing Defence (including Defence civilian) pensioners/family pensioners.
1. Delay in commencement of family pension to spouse on death of pensioners: It has been decided in the SCOVA meeting that family pension should commence within one month of the receipt of death certificate in respect of the deceased pensioner and other required certificates as stated in DPPI, 2013. Therefore, you are advised to make sure that the families of the deceased pensioners get the family pension in time and an acknowledgement is invariably given by the PDAs to the family member on receipt of the death certificate of the deceased pensioner and application for commencement of family pension.
2. Timely (i) Restoration of commuted pension and (ii) Commencement of Additional Pension on attaining the age of 80 years: In the SCOVA meeting it has been pointed out that commuted amount of pension is not being restored after deduction of 15 years. It has also been pointed that the Additional Pension on attaining the age of 80 years of age and above is not being started when it is due. Necessary guidelines in the matter has already been issued vide this office Circular No. 165 dated 22/02/2013 and Circular No. 191 dated 23/03/2017. Therefore, you are advised to take necessary action accordingly.
3. Item wise details of payment made to be shown in the pass books of pensioners: This office Circular No. 128 dated 13/07/2007 and Circular No. 184 dated 06/06/2016 regarding issue of Pension Slip to Defence Pensioners/family pensioners has already been circulated to all the PDAs to issue Pension Slip to all the Armed Forces Personnel/Defence Civilian pensioners including family pensioners at the commencement of pension and thereafter whenever there is a change in the quantum of pension. Now, it has been decided in the SCOVA meeting that item wise details of payment made to the pensioners to be shown in the pass books of the pensioners. The same has already been implemented by the SBI to some extent. Therefore, you are advised to take necessary action accordingly in the matter.
Addl. CDA (Pensions)
Also Read the following previous articles