Updated Pre-2006 Pension Arrears Calculator, for revision of Pension to 50% / 30% (family Pension) as per fitment table and for revision of Pro-Rata pension to Full Pension (50% of sum of minimum of pay in the pay band and grade pay corresponding to their pre-revised pay scale) for pensioners with 10+ years of Qualifying Service with effect from 1st January 2006
Update 20.06.2016: It’s good news for Pre-2006 Pensioners / Family Pensioners who are in receipt of Pro-Rata Pension for 10+ years of Qualifying Service but less than 33 years of QS. While OM dated 06.04.2016 issued by Department of Pension is silent about revision of pro-rata to full pension in respect of pre-2006 pensioners with 10+ years of Service CPAO in its OM dated 13.06.2016 has categorically stated that OM dated 04.06.2016 would also apply to these pre-2006 pensioners / family pensioners .
Accordingly we have updated Pre-2006 Pension Arrears Calculator for revision from Pro-Rata Pension to Full Pension in respect of Pre-2006 Pensioners with less than 33 years of Qualifying Service but completed 10+ years of Service.
Update: 14.05.2016: Checkout the following link to read the latest article on pre-2006 Pensioners who are in receipt of Pro-Rata Pension more than 50% of minimum pay in pay band and grade pay corresponding to their pre-revised pay scale as per fitment table, after 6CPC revision of pension
Update : 01.05.2016: Those who retired before 6th pay Commission implementation must be a relieved lot now, as Govt at last fulfilled the 8 years old demand of Pre-2006 Pensioners for revision of their pension with effect from 1st January 2006 as per revised concordance table and also revision of pro-rata pension to full pension (50% of sum of minimum of pay in the pay band and grade pay corresponding to their pre-revised pay scale) in respect of pre-2006 pensioners who have served less than 33 years of service. As per OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW (A) dated 06.04.2016, Pre-2006 Pensioners who have rendered less than 33 years of service have been granted with Full Pension i.e. 50% of sum of minimum of pay in the pay band and grade pay corresponding to their pre-revised pay scale, if their pro-rata pension fixed during 6CPC pension is less than full pension detailed above. Also as per Office Memorandum No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 30.07.2015, 50% of minimum pay as per 6cpc fitment table equivalent to pre-revised scale in which the pensioner retired has been allowed with effect from 1st January 2016. In the case of family pension this is 30% of minimum pay.
We have now updated the Pre-2006 Arrears Calculator incorporating both the revision of pension as per revised concordance table given in Office Memorandum No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 28.01.2013, and revision from Pro-Rata Pension to Full Pension for Pre-2006 Pensioners with less than 33 years of service as per OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW (A) dated 06.04.2016
By issuing following Office Memorandums Govt has undone the pension anomaly for Pre-2006 Pensioners caused by earlier Office Memorandums of even no dated 01.09.2008, 03.10.2008 and 28.01.2013.
As revision of pension as per the order dated 30.07.2015 and 06.04.2016, would involve Arrears Calculation for almost 10 years, we thought of providing an online tool to calculate revised pension of Pre-2006 Pensioners as well as month wise pension arrears from 1st January 2006.
Some of Pre-2006 Pensioners have been granted with revision Pension and consequent arrears with effect from 24.09.2012 already. So, this online tool would calculate Pension Arrears for two periods apart from revised pension as on 1st January 2006.
1. Pension Arrears on revision pension with effect from 1st January 2006 to 23.09.2012 and
2. Pension arrears with effect from 24.09.2012 to till date.
How to use GConnect Pre-2006 Pension Arrears Calculator?
Step 1: Select the year of retirement (Select either Pre-1996 or Between 01.01.1996 to 31.12.2005).
Step 2: Select pre-revised pay scale at the time of retirement.
Step 3: Select type of pension (Pension or Family Pension).
Step 4: Select the number of years of Qualifying Service (Default value is 33 years and more)
Step 5: Enter Basic Pension / Family Pension fixed after implementation of 6th CPC (include monthly portion of commutation and exclude Fixed Medical Allowance and Dearness Allowance).
Step 6: Select the month and year up to which Arrears amount is to be calculated.
Step 7. Click the “Calculate Arrears” Button.
Now, the tool would provide your Revised Pension as on 1st January 2006 and Pension Arrears from 1st January 2006
Background for revision of pre-2006 pension and pension arrears:
- As per Pension fixation method stipulated in Office Memorandum No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 01.09.2008 and 03.10.2008 which were issued on implementation of 6th Pay Commission recommendations in respect of Pre-2006 Pensioners, revised penion was ensured to be fixed at 50% of the minimum of 6th CPC Pay Band corresponding to Pre-revised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired, if pre-revised pension (before 2006) multiplied by factor of 2.26 is less than the said 50% ensured pension. Like wise, revised family Pension was ensured to be fixed at 30% of the minimum of 6th CPC Pay Band corresponding to Pre-revised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired / deceased.
- As per fitment table given in these earlier instructions, several pre-revised pay scales were bunched in to a single 6th CPC Pay Band. This Grouping of several pre-revised pay scales and fixing same pension for retirees from these pay scales based on the minimum of pay in revised 6th CPC pay band created huge disparity in revised pension of pensioner retired in a higher pay scale and those who retired in lower pay scale.
- After prolonging legal battle, govt agreed to follow, a revised concordance table which is based on fitment table of serving employees, in which higher pre-revised pay scales (that were bunched in to a particular Pay band) were equated with stepped up pay in 6th CPC pay band. However, date of effect of this order as per OM dated 28.01.2013, was given as 24.09.2012.
- Pre-2006 Pensioners continued their legal battle before Hon’ble High Court and Apex Court, for fixing date of effect of this order from 1st January 2006.
- After Hon’ble Supreme Court dismissed Department’s SLP and fixed deadline of 4 months for implementing original order of CAT in favour of Pensioners, Office Memorandum dated 30.07.2015 has been issued now by Department of Pension and Pensioners’ welfare for allowing revision of Pension for Pre-2006 Pensioners as per revised concordance table with effect from 1st January 2006.
- In addition to this main issue, Pre-2006 Pensioners fought a legal battle to de-link the 33 years of qualifying service from pension since Post-2006 Pensioners are paid full pension on completion of 20 years of service.
Govt has now decided to allow both these demands.Qualifying Service of Pre-2006 Pensioners who are in receipt of pro-rata Pension not more than 50% of sum of minimum of pay in the pay band and grade pay corresponding to their pre-revised pay scale, gets delinked now and they are entitled to Full Pension (50% of pay and GP corresponding to pre-revised scale) from 1st January 2006.
Also checkout the following link to get all the information on Revision of Pension of Pre-2006 Pensioners:
GConnect Pre-2006 Pension Arrears Calculator
Disclaimer: This online tool is based on GConnect Team’s interpretation of various OMs issued by Govt from to time with regard to revision of pension of Pre-2006 Pensioners. It is requested that Pensioners who are covered by this revision of pension may please verify the method of calculation for revision of pension with the bank / PAO / CPAO / Pension sanctioning authorities.