Articles you may Like
7th Pay Commission Disability Pension under Pension Rules – Special benefits in cases of death and disability in service – 7th CPC Disability Pension/Family Pension under CCS (Extraordinary Pension) Rules
7th Pay Commission Disability Pension under Pension Rules – DP&PW OM.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003.
Dated the 2nd Aug, 2017.
Subject: Special benefits in cases of death and disability in service – regulation and payment of Disability Pension/Family pension under Central Civil Service (Extraordinary Pension) Rules in implementation of recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that orders have been issued for regulation of Pension/family pension for Government servants in implementation of recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission vide OM No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A)(i) dated 4.8.2016. There is no change in the formula for calculating disability pension and extraordinary family pension (EOP family pension) under CCS(EOP)Rules.
2. The extraordinary family pension/disability pension would continue to be calculated in accordance with schedule II of Central Civil Service (Extraordinary) Pension Rules. However, minimum Extraordinary family pension/disability pension with effect from 01.01.2016 falling under various categories would be as follows:-
I. Extraordinary Family Pension.
(i) For category B and C , where the deceased Government servant was not holding a pensionable post – Rs.11,700/- per month.
(ii) For category B and C , where the deceased Government servant was holding a pensionable post – Rs.18,000/- per month.
(iii) For category D and E – Rs.18,000/- per month.
II. Disability Pension
For all categories ( ie. category “B,C,D and E” )- Rs.18,000 per month.
3. All other terms and conditions and procedure stipulated in Schedule II of Rule 9 and 10 of CCS(EOP) Rules, notified vide Notification No. SO. 410(E) dated 15.11.2011 will be the same.
4. This issues with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure ID No.30-1/33(iii)/2016-lC(Pt) dated 17/7/2017.
5. In so far as persons belonging to the Indian Audit & Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
7. Hindi translation of this OM follows.