Coverage under Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993, in place of NPS – Railway Board
Coverage under Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993, in place of NPS, selection for appointment was finalized before 01.01.2004 but joined Railway service on or after 01.01.2004
R.B.E. No. 27/2021
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated: 07.04.2021.
The GMs/Principal Financial Advisors,
All Zonal Railways/Production Units etc.,
(As per mailing list)
Sub:- Coverage under Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993, in place of National Pension System, of those Railway employees whose selection for appointment was finalized before 01.01.2004 but who joined Railway service on or after 01.01.2004 – regarding.
A copy of Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DOP&PW)’s O.M. No.57/04/2019-P&PW(B) dated 31st March, 2021 is enclosed for information and guidance. These instructions shall apply mutatis mutandis on the Railways also. The Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 correspond to the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993. DOP&PW’s instructions No. 57/04/2019-P&PW(B) dated 17.02.2020, mentioned in the DOP&PW’s O.M. dated 31.03.2021, were circulated on Railways vide this office’s letter of even number dated 03.03.2020.
2. The Accounting procedure with respect to para 9 of DOP&PW’s O.M. dated 17.02.2020, adopted on Railways vide letter of even number dated 03.03.2020, has been prescribed vide Board’s letter No. 2020/AC-11/21/7 dated 18.09.2020 read with letter dated 12.10.2020.
Deputy, Finance (Estt.)II,
D.A.: As above
Government of India
Department of Pension and PW
Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market,
New Delhi, the 31 March, 2021
Subject : Coverage under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 of those central Government employees whose selection for appointment were finalized before 01.01.2004 but joined Government service on or after 01.01.2004.
In continuation to this ,Department’s O.M of even number dated 17.02.2020. providing one time option to Government servants for coverage under Central Civil ,Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 in place of National Pension System who were declared successful for recruitment in the results declared on or before 31.12.2003 against vacancies occurring before 01.01.2004 and are covered under the National Pension System on joining service on or after 01.012004.
2. The said Office Memorandum provides for cut off dates for various activities involved in the process of exercising of option, deciding representations by appointing authorities and closure of NPS accounts of the concerned Government servants.
3. In view of the country-wide lockdown in the country due to outbreak of Covid – 19 pandemic and references received from some Ministries / Departments for extension of time schedule prescribed in the said OM, in partial modification of this Department’s OM of even number dated 17.02.2020, it has been decided to extend the above cut-off dates as under:
|S. No.||Activity||Last date mentioned in OM dated 17.02.2020||Revised last date|
|1.||Exercise of option by Government servant for coverage tinder old pension scheme||31.05.2020||31.05.2021|
|.2.||Examination and decision on the representation bar the appointing authority||30.09.2020||30.09.2021|
|3.||Closure of NPS accounts of Government servants on acceptance of their option||01.11.2020||01.11.2021|
4. There would be no change in the other terms and conditions mentioned in this Department’s O.M. dated 17.02.2020.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India