Submission of Annual Life Certificate in the month of November and List of persons specified for signing the Life Certificate: DoP&PW OM dated 20.09.2021
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare
8th Floor, B-Wing,
Janpath Bhawan, Janpath,
Dated: 20th September, 2021
Subject: – Submission of Annual Life Certificate
Every Central Government pensioner has to submit Annual Life Certificate in the month of November for further continuation of pension. It has been observed that a large number of Central Government pensioners physically visit bank branches for this purpose.
2. Earlier, as a measure to enable an additional exclusive window to very senior pensioners, this Department, vide its OM No. 1/20/2018-P&PW(E), dated 18.07.2019, allowed the pensioners in the age group of 80 years and above, to submit Annual Life Certificate from 1st October onwards, instead of 1*’ November onwards. every year.
3. The different modes available to a pensioner for submission of Annual Life Certificate are once again summarized for Pensioners’ awareness. An Annual Life Certificate can be submitted manually or digitally as per convenience of the pensioner –
- Life certificate can be recorded by Pension Disbursing Banks (PDAs), if the pensioner physically appears before the PDA.
- Personal appearance of a pensioner will not be required, if the pensioner submits the life certificate form signed by any ‘designated official.’ In accordance with para 14.3 of the Scheme Booklet issued by CPAO, a pensioner who produces a life certificate in the prescribed form signed by persons specified is exempted from personal appearance. A list of designated officials specified for signing the Life Certificate as per the scheme booklet of CPAO is attached at Annexure.
- Pensioners can submit Life Certificate online from home through Jeevan Pramaan Portal. The process of submission of Digital Life Certificate through “Jeevan Pramaan” may be seen at https://youtu.be/nNMIkTYqTF8. UIDAI has provided details of all biometric devices which are permissible for capturing biometrics of a person. Pensioners may visit the site www.uidai.gov.in to get information of all such devices.
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) of Department of Posts along with Meity have successfully launched the initiative of the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare: “Doorstep Service for submission of Digital Life Certificate through Postman” in November 2020. In order to make this facility available across the country, DoPPW roped in the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) to utilize its huge network of Postmen and Gramin Dak Sevaks in providing doorstep facility to pensioners for submission of life certificate digitally. IPPB is utilizing its national network of more than 1,36,000 access points in Post Offices and more than 1,89,000 Postmen & Gramin Dak Sevaks with smart phones and biometric devices to provide Doorstep Banking Services. For leveraging this facility through Mobile, a pensioner has to download “Post info APP” from Google Play store. The process of Submission of Digital Life Certificate through Postman may be seen at https://youtu.be/cERWM_U7g54.
- DoPPW was also instrumental in roping in an Alliance comprising 12 Public Sector Banks which do “Doorstep Banking” for its customers in 100 major cities | of the country under Ease of banking reforms. PSB Alliance has introduced the service for collection of Life Certificates under the umbrella of Doorstep Banking. DSB Agent shall visit the doorstep of Pensioner to render the service. Service can be booked by the pensioner through any of the 3 channels i.e. Mobile App, Website or Toll Free Number.
- Mobile App i.e “Doorstep Banking (DSB)“ can be downloaded from Google Playstore.
- Pensioners can access through Web Browser I.e https://doorstepbanks.com/ & https://dsb.imfast.co.in/doorstep/login
- Through Toll free Number:- 18001213721, 18001037188
4. All Pension Disbursing Authorities are requested to take note of this OM for compliance and give wide publicity of the same amongst pensioners.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Tel. No. 23310108
List of persons specified for signing the Life Certificate (para 14.3 of Scheme Booklet by CPAO)
- A person exercising the powers of a Magistrate under the Criminal Procedure code;
- A Registrar or Sub-Registrar appointed under Indian Registration Act:
- A Gazetted officer of the Government:
- A Police Officer not below the rank of Sub-Inspector in-charge of a Police Station:
- A Postmaster, a departmental Sub-postmaster or an Inspector of Post Offices:
- A Class-! officer of the Reserve Bank of India ,an officer (including Grade II officer) of the State Bank of India or its subsidiary:
- A Justice of Peace:
- A Block Development Officer, Munsif, Tehsildar or NaibTehsildar:
- A Head of Village Panchayat, Gram Panchayat, Gaon Panchayat or an
- Executive Committee of a Village:
- A Member of Parliament, of State legislatures or of legislatures of Union Territory Governments/Administration
- Treasury Officer.
Also check the following links related to this topic: