Revision of pre-2016 Pension for NCC Whole time officers
Revision of pension of Pre‐2006 Pensioners/family pensioners who retired as NCC Whole Time Officers (Male) in rank of lieutenant, Captain, Major & Lt. Col
O/o the Pr.C.D.A. (Pensions)
Draupadighat Allahabad -211014
Dated: – 25 /09/2019
The Treasury Officer
The PO- Master, Kathua, Srinagar (J&K)
The PO- Master, Campbell Bay (Andaman & Nicobar)
The Defence Pension Disbursing Officer
Pay & Accounts Officer
Military & Air Attache, Indian Embassay, Kathmandu, Nepal (through Gorkha Record Officer, Kurnaghat, Gorakhpur)
Director of Accounts, Panji (Goa)
Finance Secretary, Gangtok, PO-I, Thimpu Bhutan
The General Manager (Nodal Officer, PSBs)
All Managers, CPPC of Public Sector Banks.
All Managers, CPPC of Authorized Private Banks.
Subject: Revision of pension of Pre‐2006 Pensioners/family pensioners who retired as NCC Whole Time Officers (Male) in rank of lieutenant, Captain, Major & Lt. Col – reg.
Ref:‐ This office circular no. 167, dated 21/06/2017.
(Available on this office website http://pcdapension.nic.in)
Attention of all Pension Disbursing Authorities is invited to above cited circular wherein instructions and rates of minimum guaranteed pension/family pension given for revision of pension/family pension w.e.f. 01.01.2006 in r/o Pre 2006 Pensioners/Family Pensioners who retired as NCC Whole Time Officers(Male) in rank of Lieutenant, Captain, Major & Lt. Colonel.
(2) It has now been decided by the Government of India, Ministry of Defence vide letter no.8/23/2018‐D(GS‐VI) dated 19th September 2019 that “Notional fixation of pension w.e.f. 01.01.2006 in respect of NCC WTOs be done at par with regular army officer of equivalent rank as recommended by DGNCC. However, the approval is a one‐time measure for only these veterans and shall not have repercussion on the NCC Whole Time Lady Officer (WTLOs) who are civilian.”
(3) In view of above Government order, attention of all Pension Disbursing Authorities is
again invited that in case of pre‐2006 pensioners who retired as NCC Whole Time Officers in rank of lieutenant, Captain, Major & Lt. Col, their revised pension/family pension as on 01.01.2006 would not be less than as tabulated below (at par of regular army officer issued under this office circular no. 568 dated 13.10.2016):‐
(4) In case the consolidated pension/family pension calculated as per Para 4.1 of OM No.38/37/08‐P&PW (A) dated 01‐09‐2008 is higher than the pension/family pension tabulated above, the same ( higher consolidated pension/family pension) will continue to be treated as basic pension/family pension.
(5) All other conditions as given in OM No. 38/37/08‐P&PW (A) dated 1.9.2008, as amended from time to time shall remain unchanged.
(6) All pension disbursing authorities are therefore, requested to revise the pension/family pension in affected cases in terms of ibid circular. Payment/Recovery made w.e.f. 01.01.2006 will be adjusted and/ or returned as the case may be, against the arrears now being paid. These cases may be reflected in the monthly account sent to this office as ‘change item’.
(7) Where the PDAs are in doubt in regulating the payment of revised pension/family pension under these orders, the cases with full details of pensioner/family pensioners and PPO No: etc may be referred to Shri K.K.Pant ; SAO(Audit Section); Telephone no. 0532‐ 2420146; email i.d; firstname.lastname@example.org of this office for advice and further action.