Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service- Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension of Pre-2006 disability pensioners/ Family Pensioners
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare has issued an OM for Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension of Pre-2006 disability pensioners/ Family Pensioners
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel,Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003.
Dated the 29th April, 2016.
Subject: Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service – Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension of Pre-2006 disability pensioners/ Family Pensioners -regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that the pension of pensioners/family pensioners who were drawing pension/family pension as on 1.1.2006 under the CCS(EOP) Rules was to be revised in accordance with Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare OM No.38/37/2008-P&P&W(A) dated 1.9.2008. Accordingly, instructions were issued vide this Department OM of even number dated 30th September, 2010 for extension of benefits of modified parity to past pensioners for revision of disability pension/family pension covered under CCS(EOP) Rules.
2. Orders were issued vide this Departments OM No.38/37/2008-P&PW(A) dated 28th January, 2013 for further stepping up of normal pension/family pension to 50%/30% of the sum of minimum pay in the pay band and grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scales from which the pensioner had retired, as arrived at with reference to the fitment table annexed to the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure OM No.1/1/2008-IC dated 30th August 2008. It was decided to extend this benefit to pre-2006 disability pensioner/family pensioner covered under the Central Civil Services (Extraordinary Pension) Rules vide this Departments OM of even number dated 20.11.2014.
3. Orders have been issued vide this Departments OM No.38/37/2008-P&PVV(A) dated 30.7.2015 to revise the pension/family pension of all pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners in accordance with this Departments OM No.38/37/2008-P&PW(A) dated 28.1.2013 with effect from 1.1.2006 instead of 24.09.2012. Accordingly, it has been decided that the benefit of revision of disability pension/extra-ordinary family pension in terms of this Departments OM of even number dated 20.11.2014 would also be applicable w.e.f. 01.01.2006 instead of 24.09.2012.
4. All other terms and conditions in the O.M. dated 3.2.2000, as amended vide O.M. No.45/3/2008-P&PW (F) dated 18.11. 2008, 30.09.2010 and 20.11.2014 shall remain unchanged.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, vide their I.D Note No.1(5)/EV/2012, dated 23.02.2016.
6. All Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the contents of these orders to the notice of controller of Accounts/Pay and Accounts Officers and Attached and subordinate Offices under them on a top priority basis. All Pension disbursing officers are also advised to prominently display these orders on their notice boards for the benefits of disability pensioners/Family pensioners.
7. Hindi version will follow.