NPS to OPS – Extension of cut-off date to 30.11.2023 for decision by appointing authority on option submitted by CG employees recruited against the posts/vacancies advertised/ notified prior to 22.12.2003, under CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 (now 2021): DOPPW OM dated 07.11.2023
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare
New Delhi, Dated 07.11.2023
Subject: Inclusion of Central Government employees recruited against the posts/vacancies advertised/ notified prior to 22.12.2003, tinder Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 (now 2021)- reg.
Undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M of even No. dated 03.03.2023 providing one-time option to Central Government employee for inclusion under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 ( now 2021) in place of National Pension System who has been appointed against a post or vacancy which was advertised/ notified for recruitment/ appointment prior to notification for National Pension System i.e. 22.12.2003
2. The said Office Memorandum provides for cut off dates for various activities involved in the process of exercising of option, deciding representations by appointing authorities and closure of NPS accounts of the concerned Government servants.
3. In view of request received for extension of time limit for taking decision by the appointing authority, it has been decided to extend the cut-off date for taking decision by the appointing authority on the options received from Central Government employees till 30.11.2023.
4. There would be no change in the other terms and conditions mcntioned in this Department’s O.M. dated 03.03.2023.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
1. All Central Government Ministries / Departments.
2. Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, North Block, Ncw Delhi.
3. C&AG, Bahadur Shah %afar Marg, New Delhi.
4. Ministry of Railways, Railway Board, for information, New Delhi.
5. Department of Personnel and Training, North I3lock, New Delhi.
6. Department of Financial Services, Jeevan Deep Building, Parliament Street, New Delhi.
7. AD (01) for Hindi version.
8. NIC for uploading on Department’s website.