Shifting from BSR Code to IFSC for identification of branch – CPAO Order dated 10.07.2020
Shifting from BSR Code to IFSC for identification of branch for processing the pension cases of the pensioners – CPAO OM CPAO/IT & Tech/e-Pension/2020-21/16 dated 10.07.2020
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Central Pension Accounting office
Trikoot-II Bhikaji Cama Place
PHONES : 26174596, 26174456, 26174438
CPAO/IT & Tech/e-Pension/2020-21/16
Subject: Shifting from BSR Code to IFSC for identification of branch.
The BSR code is being used by CPAO to identify and map the home bank branch of the pensioners while processing the pension case with the PPO number issued by CPAO. BSR Code is not readily available to the pensioner as it is neither printed on the passbook nor available on the websites of the concerned Banks. This leads to delay in finalization of the pension cases of the pensioners.
2. The Central Pension Accounting Office approached the Reserve Bank of India for obtaining their views on shifting of BSR code to IFSC for identifying the branch of the bank of the pensioner. The Reserve Bank of India has concurred to the proposal of CPAO for shifting from BSR Code to IFSC for identifying the branch of the pensioner vide their letter No.DGBA.GBD.829/45.01.001/2019-20 dated 14.10.2019.
3. Department of Pensions & Pensioners Welfare vide their OM No 12/12/2020-P&PW (C)-6526 dated 25.06.2020 (copy enclosed) dispensed with the requirements of BSR code for processing all type of pension claim with immediate effect. Only Bank Account detail along with IFSC will be taken from the pensioner for processing the pension case.
4. It has been decided to shift from BSR code to IFSC for identification of bank branch for processing of all types of pension cases. It is hereby conveyed that henceforth, the requirement of BSR code is dispensed with for submission of all relevant pension forms and related documents.
5. All the Pr.CCAs/CCAs/CAs/AGs/Administrator of UTs are requested to bring these instructions to the notice of all concerned for compliance – This issues with the approval of the Chief Controller (Pensions).
(Md. Shahid Kamal Ansari)
(Dy. Controller of Accounts)
1) All the Pr.CCAs/CCAs/CAs/ AGs/Administrator of UTs
Copy for information to:-
1. PS to Addl. CGA, Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan, E-Block, General Pool Office (GPO) Complex, INA, New Delhi.
2. PS to Sh. Sanjeev Shrivastava, Jt. CGA (ARPR), Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan, E-Block, General Pool Office (GPO) Complex, INA, New Delhi.
3. Jt. CGA (GBA), Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan, E-Block, General Pool Office (GPO) Complex, INA, New Delhi.
4. The Chief General Manager, Reserve Bank of India, Opp. Mumbai Central Railway Station, 4th floor, Byculla, Mumbai- 400 008
5. PS to CC(P), CPAO, New Delhi
6. Sh. Rajesh Kumar, Under Secretary, DP&PW, 8* Floor, Janpath Bhawan, New Delhi
(Dy. Controller of Accounts)
Also check the following links related to this topic: