Shifting from BSR Code to IFSC for identification of branch – CPAO
Shifting from BSR Code to IFSC for identification of branch for processing the pension cases of the pensioners – CPAO
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Central Pension Accounting office
Trikoot-II Bhikaji Cama Place
PHONES : 26174596, 26174456, 26174438
OM No. CPAO/IT & Tech/e-Pension/2019-20/13
Subject : Shifting from BSR Code to IFSC for identification of branch
The BSR code is being used by CPAO to identify and map the home bank branch of the pensioners while processing the pension case with the PPO number issued by CPAO. BSR Code is not readily available to the pensioner as it is neither printed on the passbook nor available on the websites of the concerned Banks. This leads to delay in finalization of the pension cases of the pensioners.
2. The Central Pension Accounting Office approached the Reserve Bank of India for obtaining their views on shifting of BSR code to IFSC for identifying the branch of the bank of the pensioner. The Reserve Bank of India has concurred to the proposal of CPAO for shifting from BSR Code to IFSC for identifying the branch of the pensioner vide their letter No. DGBA.GBD.829/45.01.001/2019-20 dated 14.10.2019.
3. As the discontinuation of BSR code may entail change in the whole pension processing chain, all the Heads of CPPCs/GBDs of the Authorized Banks were requested to offer their views on shifting from BSR code to IFSC for processing the pension cases of the pensioners vide this office OM No. CPAO/IT&Tech/e-PPO/6(Vol-X(D))/2019-20/81 dated 19.08.2019 and subsequent reminders dated 01.11.2019 and 30.12.2019.
4. The Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare has also received representations from the retirees to dispense with the requirement of BSR Codes from pension claim form as it is neither written in bank pass book nor available on the website of the concerned banks. In order to avoid the hardship to retirees, the DP&PW has dispensed with the requirement of BSR Codes vide their OM No. 12/12/2020-P&PW(C)-6526 dated 25th June, 2020.
5. It has been decided to shift from BSR code to IFSC for identification of bank branch for processing of all types of pension cases. It is hereby conveyed that henceforth, the requirement of BSR code is dispensed with for submission of all relevant pension forms and related documents.
6. Therefore, the heads of CPPCs of all Authorized Banks are instructed to make necessary changes in their ancillary forms, i.e e-scrolls, etc to capture the IFSC with immediate effect.
This is issued with the approval of the Chief Controller (Pensions).
(Md. Shahid Kamal Ansari)
(Dy. Controller of Accounts)
Ph No. 011-26103074
1. Heads of CPPCs of all Authorized Banks
2. Heads of Government Business Divisions of all Authorized Banks
Copy for information to :-
1. PS to Addl. CGA, Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan, E-Block, General Pool Office (GPO) Complex, INA, New Delhi.
2. PS to Sh. Sanjeev Shrivastava, Jt. CGA (ARPR), Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan, E-Block, General Pool Office (GPO) Complex , INA, New Delhi.
3. Jt. CGA (GBA), Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan, E-Block, General Pool Office (GPO) Complex , INA, New Delhi.
4. The Chief General Manager, Reserve Bank of India, Opp. Mumbai Central
Railway Station, 4th floor, Byculla, Mumbai- 400 008
5. PS to CC(P), CPAO, New Delhi
6. PS to Sh. Rajesh Kumar, Under Secretary, DP&PW