Travel by availing LTC in Premium Trains by Central Government Employees – DOPT Clarification – Reimbursement to be restricted to admissible normal fare for the entitled class
No. 31011/ 2/ 2015-Estt.(A-IV)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi-110 001
Dated: 27th January, 2015
Subject: Travel by Premium Trains on LTC- Clarification reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that several references are received by this Department from various Ministry/ Departments seeking clarification regarding admissibility of travel by Premium Trains run by Indian Railways while availing of LTC.
2. The matter has been examined in consultation with Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance and it has been decided that travel by Premium Trains is not permissible on LTC. Hence, the fare charged by the Indian Railways for the journey(s) performed by Premium trains shall not be reimbursable for the purpose of LTC. Cases where LTC travel in such Premium Trains has already been undertaken by the Central Government Employees, the train fare may be reimbursed restricting it to the admissible normal fare for the entitled class of or the actual fare paid, whichever is less.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Check the following articles for more information on LTC entitlement for Central Government Employees
- Leave Encashment for Central Government Employees while availing LTC
- No LTC for children below 5 Years travelled by Air in non-entitled Category
- Leave Travel Concession applicable to Fresh Recruits – FAQ
- Availing LTC and Foreign Travel during Child Care Leave – DOPT Clarification
- LTC – Leave Travel Concession Extended to Railway Employees-DOPT order
- Air India LTC 80 Air Fare with effect from 9th January 2018
- 7th Pay Commission LTC Entitlement – Clarification
- Air India LTC-80 Fare from November 2017 applicable for LTC Central Government Employees
- Air India LTC-80 Fare with effect from August 2017
- Air tickets on LTC – Non-entitled Employees need not book through authorised agents